Chapter 8

Paris was shocked that she and Liam weren't the only ones standing in Alice's office. In fact, every counselor except Kali and Zayn was there. Alice sat down at her desk and frowned.

"I didn't think I had to make myself clear to a bunch of young adults," Alice emphasized 'young adults', "that pranking is not acceptable. Most of you should know this" she snapped as she eyed the girls. "And boys? I don't know what you're used too, but the girls, and Jake, should have informed you in why we don't indulge in pranking here."

"I'm really sorry" Liam tried to apologize. Alice looked at him. He was still dripping with paint. He would have continued to justify himself if Paris hadn't nudged him.

Alice looked around the group again. "Further more, I expect more out of some of you!" she exclaimed, directing her comment towards Paris, Ariel, and Liam. Each of them looked at the ground.

"Boys, I don't know you as well as I know these girls, but I do know that you can be responsible" Alice stated. "I am a firm advocator of fun, but there is a time and a place. Paint fights, macaroni mishaps, and broken windows are not showing me that you are as capable as your reputation precedes you to be."

"I will pay to fix that window" Louis offered.

"Well thank you, but that doesn't excuse what happened" Alice responded.

"I promise to clean up all of the macaroni noodles" Harry added.

"It's already been taken care of" Alice informed. "And I'm not really mad about that one. That was more of the kids. I'm more interested in the pranks that took place, and the safety cautions that were breeched" Alice stared at Audri and Niall, who looked away, trying to keep up an innocent facade. "So let's start with the first prank, boys?"

"It was Louis's idea!" Niall, Harry, and Jake tattled. Louis threw his hands up.

"Louis?" Alice raised and eyebrow.

Louis sighed. "I needed to return Audri's phone because I stole it from her last night, during the game. When I went to the girls' room, nobody was in there. All of the girls were taking showers or making kids go to bed. I felt it was the perfect opportunity. So I called Jarry and told him to bring some seventh grade boys with him. Then I called Niall and told him to bring some toilet paper. We acted fast and then ran off."

"And why?" Alice asked.

"Because I thought it would be funny and harmless. I didn't know they play dirty and take revenge!" Louis flailed.

"Have you met me?" Audri snapped.

Louis scratched the back of his head. "I guess I just have some bad judgment."

"Mhm" Alice agreed. "Now, Audri, why are three of the boys, and three of the showers, colorful?"

"Well, like he said, we took some revenge. However, I only put kool aid in the shower and over saw saran wrapped the toilet seats" Audri responded.

"Who messed with Louis and Harry's hair?" Alice asked. The group was silent. "Well?"

Ariel swallowed. "That was me and Kali" she squeaked. Harry's eyes widened when he realized Ariel had straightened his hair.

Alice inhaled sharply. "Okay then." Alice began scribbling down on a piece paper. "Paris? Liam? You both have to pay to replace the paint that you waisted."

"Yes m'am" both mumbled. Paris looked at Liam and had to suppress a giggle.

"Louis?" Alice continued. "Please pay for the window."

"I will" Louis replied.

"And Louis?" Alice asked. He looked at her. "You are not allowed to play baseball with the seventh graders again. Can we please keep it to kick ball or something that doesn't involve a ball?"

"Yes" Louis agreed.

"Ariel? You have to help Audri and Jackie clean the boys bathroom" Alice stated. "And I want it spotless."

"But mom!" Jackie tried to protest. Alice shot her daughter a glare, and she shut up.

"Harry? Niall? Louis? Jake? All of you will make sure the girl's room is toilet paper free, and you will be in charge of restocking all of the restrooms for the rest of the summer. Understand?"

"Yes m'am" the boys mumbled.

"Now before I dismiss you, I need to stress what you all already know" Alice stated. "The playground is off limits. It's been off limits since last year and it will continue to be off limits until I say its not. We've still got alot of work to do on it. Therefore, if I catch any of you on it again, the consequences are going to be drastic."

Liam noticed Paris tense up next to him. Ariel, Tiffani, and Jackie all looked at her.

"Why is the playground off limits?" Niall asked.

Alice said. "We had an incident last year. We are not going to talk about it, but just know that for your safety and for the safety of the kids, don't go there" Alice warned. "And Audri? You should have known better."

And with that, Alice walked out, leaving all of the group to stand in silence. Paris glared at Audri. "You took kids out to the playground?"

Audri sighed. "I didn't think it would be that bad! As long as they didn't go towards the tire swing!"

"Audri!" Paris cried before rushing out. Ariel and Jackie raced after her.

"What's going on?" Louis asked.

Audri sighed. "Its a long story." And then she walked out of the office, slamming the door behind her.

**Author's note: I hate to leave it on a depressing and mysterious note, but I feel as if I must. please don't hate me!**