Chapter 13

Ariel and Paris slid into the booth across from Jake and Niall. "What's up?" Paris asked.

Niall hesitated. "You guys are really good friends with Jackie, right?"

"Yeah, why?" Ariel asked.

"I want to ask her out and-"

"Ahhhh!" Ariel and Paris squealed. The hugged each other. "I knew it!" Ariel exclaimed. "Awe!" Paris gushed.

"Hey!" Jake snapped, getting their attention. They were silent again. "Let the man explain his dilemma!"

"Of course" Paris agreed.

"Thank you" Niall stated cautiously. "As I was saying, I want to ask Jackie out, but I don't know how. I want to make it special, but not anything to big."

Ariel and Paris looked at each other and began conversing quietly. Niall shot a worried glance at Jake, who shrugged. They looked back at the girls who were getting excited about something.

"Ladies?" Niall asked.

The girls looked back at him with smiles k their faces. "Niall Horan, you have come to the right place."

"Good," Niall nodded.

"So," Paris sighed. "Something sweet."

"But not to big" Ariel reminded.

"And not cliché" Paris listed.

"But definitely irresistible" Ariel added.

"And memorable" Paris nodded. "When did you want to ask her?"

"Um, soon?" Niall guessed.

"Okay" Paris nodded. "Hmm..."

Ariel gasped and turned to Paris and then began to whisper in her ear. Niall and Jake only heard bits and pieces. "We could.....and then.....don't ya think?"

"No, that's to cliché!", Paris responded. "We could... I bet she'd love....and then he could..."

"Yeah, but isn't that a little too big?" Ariel asked. "What about if we....and then....simple but sweet!"

"And creative!" Paris grinned. "I like it!"

"What?" Niall asked, eagerly.

"Here's what we're going to do" Paris announced. All four leaned in and listened to her plan.

dobeedobopdeebeedodo...dobeedowopdeebeedoooo.........

"It's going to be so cute, but we're going to need you guys' help to pull it off. Will you help us?" Ariel asked the group. During free time, Paris was distracting Jackie for a while so that Ariel could explain the plan to the rest of the counselors.

"Please?" Niall begged. "I think I really like her."

"Why?" Audri snapped.

She was ignored and overlooked by congratulatory statements from the guys and commitments from the girls. Audri scowled and stormed off.

She made it all the way to the rec field, where Paris and Jackie were playing duck duck goose with some kids. Audri screamed and everyone looked at her.

"Jackie! I hate you!" she yelled as she came closer.

Jackie scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. "What?"

"Audri, are you alright?" Paris asked.

"You make me so mad! Don't try that friendly act on me! You're horrible! And stupid! And Ugly! And you're a bit-"

"AUDRI ENOUGH!" Paris yelled. "What the heck is wrong with you?"

"Me? Oh there is nothing wrong with me!", Audri asserted. " I'm perfectly fine! She's the one with issues!" Audri barked, pointing straight at Jackie. Before Paris could intervene again, Audri leaped at Jackie.

Both girls landed on the ground and began to wrestle. Jackie tried to roll away as Audri tried to beat her up. Paris screamed, trying to keep kids away and also break up the fight at the same time. She yelled at an eighth grader to go get help.

Paris grabbed Audri around the waist and tried to pry her off of Jackie, but it was no use. The blonde groaned and tried to push between the two, but she couldn't finally. Suddenly, two muscular arms pulled a furious Audri off of Jackie, who was left with a bloody nose.

Paris reached out her hand to help Jackie up. Both girls looked at Audri, who was being restrained by Liam. The other counselors stood by and watched.

"Kali? Will you, Zayn, Tiffani, and Louis watch these kids?" Paris asked.

"Yeah, sure" Kali agreed.

"Harry? I need you to help Ariel get Jackie cleaned up" Paris requested.

"Alright" Harry nodded and followed Ariel and Jackie away from the crowd and towards the dorms.

Paris swallowed. "Niall? Stay with the kids also. Jake? Come with me and Liam. We need to report this to Alice."

authors note: I don't really know how I feel about this chapter. tell me what you think.