Chapter 29

Two Days Later

"Oh my Gosh! Ariel this place is insane!" Paris squealed into the phone. Paris, Jackie, Tiffani, and the guys had just arrived at their hotel in New York. The boys had a meeting with some people from their label/management team and the label had paid for them, and the girls, to stay in a four star hotel while they were there. The girls were supposed to be working on promoting Mitch's band while they were there, but because of Jackie's recent emotional breakdown, they were treating the trip as more of a vacation.

Paris had called Ariel immediatly when they reached the hotel because the girl's hadn't talked in a few days and they needed to catch up. Plus, to add to excitement, One Direction was rumored to be arriving back in the states in a few days, but Paris hadn't confirmed that with anyone. She was to focused on helping Jackie and working with the boys.

"How insane is it?" Ariel asked.

"Like, there's a TV in our bathroom insane" Paris answered.

Ariel laughed. "Get used to it! Do you know how many hotels Harry and I have stayed at that have had TV's in their bathrooms? I'm pretty sure every single one of them did. You'll see. Once Mitch and his boys become super famous, you guys will be spending alot of time on toilets with TV's in front of them."

Paris rolled her eyes. "Whatever! Speaking of the boys, whats up?"

Ariel groaned. "They're about to appear on an international talk show right now. I'll send you the link so you guys can watch, okay? How are the girls?"

Paris looked at Jackie, who was sprawled out on one of the beds eating a pint of frozen yogurt. Tiffani was handing her tissues as she cried. "Um," Paris hesitated. "Tiffani and I are doing great."

"What about Jackie?" Ariel asked. "Niall has been acting wierd the past couple of days." Jackie cried out. Paris face palmed herself. "What was that? Is there a dying cow in your room or something?"

Paris sighed as she sat on her bed and opened her laptop. "Uhm, Jackie isn't feeling the best right now."

"Really? Is she sick? Did she have one of those hot dogs from a shady sidewalk vendor? I'm telling you, they will upset your stomach so much! I had one while we were in New York a few weeks ago and-"

"Ya'll were in New York?" Paris asked.

"Relax, it was just me and Harry nad it was only for a weekend. I spent most of that weekend in bed at the hotel. Who knew street hot dogs would cause you such a stomach ache?" 

Paris smiled and shook her head at her friend, even though Ariel couldn't see her. "Okay, I've opened the link. When did you say the boys we're going to be on?"

"Oh, in just a few minutes" Ariel replied. Paris could hear the smile on Ariel's face. "Actually now. They just finished miking Harry up and all of the boys are on the couch now."

"Okay, we're watching" Paris told her. Tiffani and Jackie crowded around the screen as the insterview began.

The interviewer was a peppy blonde super model who looked way to interested in the boys. She introduced herself as "Sarah" and welcomed the boys to the show. After a few random questions about the boys well being, she moved onto the normal questions about relationships. Paris hadn't watched an interview with Liam in the past few months, and she didn't know how he was going to answer the questions. She nervously watched.

"So, boys, where have you been all summer long? You disappeared in late June and no one has seen you except for a few instagram and twitter pictures. Now when you returned in August, you immediatly went straight to work, I've heard. I know you're not allowed to talk about it. However, this little vacation of yours is a total break in your normal routine, I mean normally right now you guys are touring and recording all over the world. So tell me, where did you disappear too?"