Chapter 24

"Shh!" Paris giggled and held up one finger to her lips as she softly closed the door to the eigth grade girls's dorm room. Ariel, who was standing across the hall, closing the door to the seventh grade girls's room, rolled her eyes.

"Why are you so bubbly?" Ariel snapped. "We haven't slept in seventeen hours!"

"Why are you so grouchy?" Paris snapped with a smile. Ariel glared and shrugged and both girls crept down the hallway and out the door. Jackie was waiting for them outside and all three girls dashed across the lawn and towards the mess hall.

The boys, as well as Kali and Tiffani, were waiting on them. Louis was standing in the middle of the group, wearing a plastic crown, a long red cape made out of an old curtain, and a smug grin on his face. "Welcome, ladies! It's nice of you to join us!"

Paris grinned and walked over to Liam, who was happy to see her. He grabbed her hand and interlocked their fingers. Harry moved over to Ariel and wrapped his arms around her, planting a kiss on her cheek. Jackie wedged her way in between Jake and Niall and grabbed Niall's hand. Niall smiled at her.

"Okay, look you freaks" Louis began talking again. "Tonight, we are playing a big game of hide and go seek."

"Who put you in charge?" Jackie yelled out.

"Shush!" Louis commanded. "Don't question the queen." Tiffani and Paris giggled, while Ariel rolled her eyes. "Anyway, as I was saying before I was rudely inturrupted," he glared at Jackie, "We are playing hide and go seek. You can hide anywhere in this building and outside this building. No hiding in the dorm rooms because we don't need the little brats waking up. And no hiding near the cabins because we don't need the boss people waking up."

"Louis? For real, why are you dressed like that?" Jackie asked.

"Will you shut up woman!" Louis exclaimed. "That is the second time you have interrupted me and if you do it again I will have no choice but to cut off your head!" Everyone stared at him. "If you must know, I am the current reigning King of Hide and Go Seek. Your goal is to beat moi! So, back to what I was saying, you can hide in here, or right outside of this building. Liam is it."

"What?" Liam exclaimed. "Why am I it?"

"Because the powers that be revealed it to me in a dream" Louis snapped sarcastically.

Liam frowned and turned towards Paris. She giggled and patted his cheek. He furrowed his brow, causing her to laugh. She let go of his hand and went to join the rest of the group, who was gathering away from him.

"Liam!" Louis scolded. "Close your eyes and count to," Louis hesitated. "Two hundred!"

"What? That's such a large num-"

"It has been spoken! Let it be done!" Louis snapped.

Liam glared at him before covering his eyes with his hands and counting. "One....Two...Three..."

The rest of the group scattered. It took Liam quite a while to count to two hundred, and there were occacions when he forgot what number he was on, so he picked a random one and counted from there. By the time he reached two hundred and uncovered his eyes, the mess hall seemed diserted. 

He groaned and stalked towards the kitchen, knowing exactly where to find the first two hiders: Jackie and Niall. He went into the kitchen and walked over to one of the large walk-in freezers. He forced the door open and heard Jackie giggleing.

The automatic light came on and revealed Jackie and Niall, both wrapped in blankets, eating straight out of large tubs of ice cream. Niall took the spoon out of his mouth, but didn't swallow.