Chapter 38

As he walked down the center aisle of the church, he couldn't help but smile. The building was an old stone sanctuary with a beautiful woodwork ceiling. The auditorium was baturally lit by skylight windows cut out in the roof and several tall skinny windows on the side. The stage had been cleared of.everything but the alter and the grand piano. Piano music filled the chapel as Ariel's brother played it to avoid being put to work.

The other people in the sanctuary included a team of interior decorators who were setting up two white columns beside the alter and.wrapping them in green ivy; Ariel's mother and grandmother and Harry's mother and sister who were decorating the end of every pew with ivy and pink flowers, the minister who was taking last minute notes; Audri, Eleanor, and Tiffani who.were clearing the sanctuary of its previous decorations and artifacts; Jackie setting up the candle stands, and Ariel's father and Harry's stepdad rolling out the aisle runner.

In the middle of the whirlwind chaos was Ariel, carefully critiqueing everything, and her maid of honor, Paris, who was calling all the shots. Paris wore a zebra print toolbelt.around her waist, equipped with extra material such as tulle and bobby pins. She and Ariel were absorbed in their conversation that they didn't notice Liam approach until he grabbed the tape dispenser from Paris's hands. She frowned at him.

"What was that for?" Paris scowled. Ariel paused and observed the two.

Liam chuckled. "Just trying to get you to slow down."

Paris glared at him for a moment before biting her lip and smiling at him. "Thanks."

"No problem, now what's up?" Liam asked.

"Oh, um, decorating" Paris answered nervously.

Ariel took over. "Hopefully we'll be done by the time we're supposed to start rehearsing. Wait, you're here? Are the boys here? Where are they?"

"Relax, Harry and the guys are in a back room getting ready" Liam.assured. "We went white water rafting today so we all sort of needed to change."

"And ya'll are early by thirty minutes!" Ariel cheered. "I'm impressed."

"Anything for you beautiful" Harry stated as he joined them.

"So, how long have you guys been here?" Liam asked.

"Since about 3:00" Paris answered. "But before that we were setting up the reception area. We finally jist let the caterers handle that."

Tiffani rushed over, juggleing some random items. "What do you want me to do with these grapes?" she asked.

"Grapes?" Paris raised an eyebrow.

Tifdani nodded. "Apparently these people have an obsession with grapes. There's a whole room back there that's covered in grapevine wallpaper. I just pulled these off the piano." She held out a golden plate and a basket.that was filled with fake grapes.

"Um," Paris hesitated. ""Go put it in the grape room?"

"Okay, but tell the guys they are.not.allowed to mess with them" Tiffani.commanded. She hurried off to get rid of the grapes.

Paris sighed and focused back on Liam, Ariel, and Harry, who were all talking to.the minister. "Are we ready to.start the.rehearsal?" the minister asked.

"I.think so" Ariel answered. "I'll go warn every one. Paris, can you make sure the candles are ready?"

Paris nodded before heading towards the stage. She grabbed a box of candles and started to put them in the holderals. Jackie was already working on it.

"Shoot!" Jackie exclaimed.

"What?" Paris panicked.

"Nothing" Jackie replied. "Nothing happened. You didn't see anything."