Chapter 19

Paris bit her lip as she watched her father walk back towards her after he had talked to the police. She swallowed when she saw his expression, which was almost unreadable. He didn't look angry or disappointed, but he had a look of.strain about him.

She didn't get to look long because the paramedic, a middle aged woman with a long brown side braid, blocked her view. The lady replaced the bloody guaze covering the cut on Paris's forehead, above her left eye.

"You're lucky" the lady told her. "I don't think this will scar. Its not deep enough."

Paris answered her in a voice barely above a whisper. "Thanks."

"Here you go kiddo" the paramedic helped her off the gernie. "Just a few scrapes and bruises. You have a nice night, m'am."

Paris nodded and took her father's hand. He led her back to his car, where Louis was waiting with a few scrapes on his arms, a bruise across his abdomend that was identical to Paris's, and a guaze taped against his ear. His eardrum had busted during the crash, but with a small procedure at the end of the week, he could have his ear reconstructed.

Paris climbed into the front seat, next to her dad. Louis leaned his head up beside her. "You look like a hot mess" he stated.

She grinned. "You don't look to bad yourself."

He grinned and shrugged. "Just a few battle scars and a busted ear drum."

"It makes you look tough" she assured him.

"Thanks" he laughed.

Paris caught sight of her father's.face again. She swallowed. "How much trouble are we in?"

"Hmm?" her father replied.

"Is the truck going to be alright?" she worried.

"I already called Alice" Mr. Kennedy informed. "You're not in that much trouble, considering the wreck wasn't your fault. But you aren't off the hook. The truck needs some major repairs."

"I can pay for those" Louis offeresld.

Mr. Kennedy chuckled. "You don't need to. Jerry can fix it. However, you two are on kitchen duty for the rest of summer. And you aren't allowed to leave campus without direct permission from one of us. That especially means freetime."

"Fair enough" Louis shrugged.

The rest of the drive was silent. Paris was to scared to say anything.When they arrived at the dorm cabin, it was late. Mr. Kennedy stopped to let them out, but when Paris climbed out he grabbed her arm. "We need to talk."

She nodded and looked back at Louis, who was waiting for her. She motioned for him to go on without her and climbed back into the car.

"Is this about the wreck?" she asked warily.

"Not exactly" her father replied. "I need to point something out to you."

"What?"

"You've changed" he stated. She scrunched her eyebrows at him. He was smiling. "You know, at the beginning of this summer, your mother and I prayed that you would find strength and happiness again. Everything with you was fake, and you were going through the motions like you were scared to feel happy. But I've been watching you this summer. I don't think you could ever be the girl you were last summer, but of this new you is here to stay, your mother and I would be overjoyed."

Paris smiled. "Thanks Dad." She leaned over to give him a hug.

"Have you given any thought to going to school this year?" he asked.

"Way to kill the mood" she groaned. He chuckled at her. She grinned. "And yes, I've thought about it. And I think I'm ready to reapply."

"Good" her dad replied. "Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight Dad" she replied.

ten minutes later

Paris quietly snuck into her room, trying hard not to wake the others. However, when she reached her bed, the lights flew on and every girl.counselor sat up. Ariel jumped at her and tackled her in a hug.

"Thank God Almighty you are okay!" Ariel exclaimed. Paris groaned as the pain from her stomach bruises shot through her abdomend.

"Oof" she grimaced.

"Are you hurt? We heard there was a wreck! Are you okay? I was so worried!" Ariel rambled.

"I'm fine" Paris managed to gasp out. "Just a little bruised and a lot tired."

"Okay Ariel" Kali stated. "Let's let her rest. She's had a big night."

"Okay" Ariel pouted. "But you have to tell us everything tommorow!"

"And we mean everything!" Jackie added with a smirk.

"You can't blame this one on Frank" Tiffani snapped.

"Okay, okay" Paris giggled. "I'll explain everything tomorrow. And I won't blame Frank."

author's note: i didnt want to update this soon but when I.arrived at school this morning there were two angry friends ready to kill me because.of that last chapter. so i rushed to update tonight. hope you enjoyed!

btw, dont worry if you didnt get the.blame it on frank reference. its an.inside joke that i really felt like i needed to put in here.

this chapter is dedicated to my dad cause its his.birtbday, plus the cute little father/daughter scene during this chapter.

okay, ill let you.go now. Dont forget to comment and vote!

xoxo,

kitty_ross