Chapter 9

Kids chattered as they sat around the long centered table in the mess hall. It was adorned with food containers and baskets, resembling a feast that had been thrown together last minute, even if it had been planned two months earlier. All the kids were wearing old clothes with holes in the sleeves and such.

It was the second theme night of camp, and the theme was serving. Alice wanted to stressed to the kids that other people had it worse, and that they should shoe compassion to the less fortunate. Jackie, Paris, Zayn, Ariel, Niall, and Harry were in charge of watching the kids while they were in the mess hall. Audri, Tiffani, Kali, Louis, Liam, and Jake were outside in the rec field, setting up tents for the campwide camp out.

"This is boring" Ariel complained.

"What did you think not was going to be like?" Jackie asked. "I mean, we're supposed to sit here and watch the kids eat."

"You don't have to be rude about it", Paris stayed in a quiet voice.

" I wasn't " Jackie denied. But it was clear she was.

"Hey, let's make this more interesting" Niall suggested. He walked over to the end of the table. "HEY! EVERYONE! UP HERE!"

The room became silent and all the kids looked at him and Harry. "Alright," Harry took over. "Everyone clear some space in front of you and then beat in the table like this!" He started to beat the beat of "We will Rock You" on the table. Several kids joined in and soon the whole mess hall was beating the table.

"Yeah!" Niall cheered. "I like it!" He grabbed his guitar and started to strum.

Harry grinned. "Do you remember the summer 09? want to go back there every night, just can't lie it was the best time of my life..."

hey look....another time skip....skip skip skip skip skip.....

"No way! You got those little brats to all do the same thing at the same time?" Audri scoffed. "You've got skills."

"Thanks" Niall grinned.

It was midnight and all of the counselors had crammed into one tent, while the kids slept in different tents. Niall was sitting in the middle, surrounded by Jackie and Jake. Audri was in the corner next to Jackie and Ariel. Ariel was leaning on Harry, who was snuggled in a sleeping bag next to Louis. Louis was next to the opening flap of the tent. On the other side of Jake sat Kali, then Tiffani, then Zayn, then Paris, and then Liam.

"So, now that the kids are asleep, what should we do?" Jackie asked.

"Sleep" Kali suggested.

"Lame!" Louis criticized.

"Yeah, I've got to much energy to sleep", Audri agreed.

" Too bad we can't pull any more pranks" Tiffani frowned.

"We could"Audri shrugged. " And then we'll blame it on the eighth graders."

Paris shot her a dirty look. "We are not blaming anything in the eighth graders!"

"Whateves" Audri shrugged.

"We could do the baby food challenge" Ariel suggested.

"With what?" Louis snapped. "We don't have any baby food."

Ariel, Tiffani, and Paris grinned at each other. "We know where to get some."

another time skip. just imagine three girls sneaking around the camp and stealing baby food....keep imagining... keep imagining..... STOP! and read the rest of this chapter

"So, why does your mom have baby food in her cabin?" Harry asked.

"She keeps a little girl during the day" Paris answered. "Her mother has to work so my mom offered to keep her."

"Are you ready boys?" Ariel giggled.

Louis stretched out his arms and felt Jackie's face, over emphasizing that he couldn't see anything due to the blindfold in his face.

"Louis! Stop trying to pick my nose!" Jackie complained.

"Open your mouth!" Ariel commanded. Louis, Jake, Liam, and Niall all opened their mouths. Paris took her time placing a spoonful of mashed peas into each of their mouths.

"What do you think?" Audri asked.

"Its nasty" Jake replied, scrunching up his face in disgust.

"Is it something green?" Liam asked.

"Yes",Paris answered.

" Are you sure this thing hasn't exceeded its expiration date?" Louis asked.

"Positive" Paris replied.

"Taste pretty good to me" Niall stated. The tent became silent.

"Are you sure mate?" Zane asked.

"Yeah, it tasted like peas, and I like peas" Niall replied.

"He got it", Paris announced.

" Dude!" Liam ripped his blindfold off. "How did you know?"

"I don't know, I just did" Niall answered. "It tasted pretty good. Can I eat the rest of the jar?"

"Ew!" several group members exclaimed.

"Hey! Don't judge him!" Tiffani snapped. "Last time we did the baby food challenge I ate all of the corn."

"I remember that!" Ariel laughed.

"You girls are weird" Zane commented.