Breathing

"Hello, mom." The quiet voice fluttered around his ears, hands searching for a familiar body that was now just empty bedsheets. 

"Okay, I'll see you soon. I love you too." 

His eyes fluttered as the morning sun shined through the window, her body was a distance away from him. 

"Who was that?" The boy mumbled, rubbing his gunmetal eyes, a lazy yawn came out of his lips. 

"It's my mom, she's coming this Thursday." She slipped back into his arms, covering her naked body with the warm blanket and nuzzled into the boy's chest. 

"Did you told her about us?" Ethan asked, earning a soft nod from the smaller girl. 

"She's really looking forward to see you." Her breath flew across his neck, sending a shiver down his spine. 

They lay there for about 30 minutes later, just cuddling and smiling at each other's cuteness. 

"I want to change my hair." Scarlet said, ghosting her fingers up the blue hair boy's back as his eyes widened. 

"What's wrong with this pretty red one??" His tone was filled with confuse, it's not that he doesn't agree with her decision, he just worried that she may do something bad and ruin everything. 

"Nothing, it just look a bit flat and the color is fading, but I won't do it if you don't want to." A small frown appeared on her face, which just break Ethan's heart into million pieces, he didn't want his little baby to be sad just because of him doesn't let her to do what she want. 

"N-no! Don't be sad! You can do whatever you want, it's your choice, not mine." The boy panicked, holding the girl's tiny hands tightly, up close to his biting lips. 

"Thank you, daddy." Scarlet smiled, kissing the boy's neck softly before getting out of the comfy bed, stretching her muscles and feeling the warm of the 7am sun loving her pale skin. 

She entered the bathroom, turning the water on walked into the bathtub. "Can I join?" the voice echoed through the room, her head nodded, ears absorbing the sound of a human being getting in the same shower as her. His hands slide up around her waist, running the fingertips on all of the marks he painted on her yesterday. Warm water slipping down between their skin, silence filling up the unlock room, it was so quiet, they were able to hear each other's breathing. 

"I love you, princess." 

"I love you, too."