Part 1

*Third person pov* 

A young short girl panted lightly as she stood in front of training logs, she had been training for 12 hours straight. The light above dimmed and flickered, she stopped for a moment and looked up. Turning her head to the right she sighed, she has never been allowed outside, or to have friends. Her only friend was Konohomaru-her brother-but even he hasn't come to visit in a while. 

"Agh!" She screamed in rage running towards the log. She extended her hand in a fist going straight through, splinters of wood flew all over the room; the whole log bursting into millions of pieces. Her knees buckled underneath her and she buried her hands into her face furiously wiping the tears staining her cheeks. "Why me?" Her voice cracked quietly; she forced herself up slowly. Dried tears stained the short girls cheeks, she walked towards a mirror in the bathroom near another door. She glanced at the figure in front of her staring back.  "If you say different is good.  . Then why?" She asked quietly looking at herself, she reached her hand out to touch her reflection, her hand gently caressed the mirror; almost as if she was trying to protect it's innocence.  "WHY DO YOU HIDE ME?!" She screamed her hand balling up on the mirror, she glared angrily at the reflection in front of her.       "I mean, I-I'm not ugly. I-I'm just not normal." She whispered after a moment, lightly glancing away from her reflection. 

"Haruka, time to eat. You also have a visitor." A voice from behind the door said softly, Haruka assumed it was her mother. 

"Alright, you may come in." She said softly, she sniffled and wiped her tears. Picking up her mask on putting it back above her nose. The door creaked unpleasantly as it opened, in walked her mother and her grandfather. 

- "Hello grandfather." She smiled respectfully, her heart dropped as she thought of freedom and how much they had, it was reflected in the mirror. 'I can only do what I've been doing for the past years. . . Hold everything in, and act like it doesn't hurt.' Haruka thought solemnly a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Hello dear," he smiled back, he took a couple of steps inside and turned. "Can you please leave us?" He asked his daughter, mother nodded and left lightly closing the door behind her. The screeching of metal apparent. Haruka was still looking at the mirror, her hand still caressing her only friend.

"Grandpa?" She asked her sadness apparent, she hesitated and turned her head, her brown hair lightly swaying from the movement. 

"Yes?" He asked sitting down at a nearby metal table.  

"You say different is good, if it really is. . " She started off slowly, she turned back to the mirror. "Why can't I go outside?"  

When her grandpa didn't answer she continued. " I, I've been in here my entire life-11 years. I have no friends-no life! I haven't even seen my own village!" She tried to surpress her anger through her fist to no avail, the mirror cracked and shattered. Haruka's eyes widen lightly as more tears formed, and she took a step back in surprise.  "I, I want to see the world." She said looking into her broken reflection. 

"Haruka," he gently said standing up. "You know I would love to bring you outside, but if people see you," he hesitated as if he was looking for the right words. " People can't adjust to change, not everyone is the same. I-we just don't want you to get hurt." He said calmly walking up to her. He rested his hand on her shoulders to comfort her. Haruka bit down on her lip harshly. 

"I'm already hurt enough!" She screamed turning back and smacking his hand away from her. "You have hurt me more then anyone ever can! People can change! Just look at what happened with this Sasuke you always talk about! He went from good to emotionless, if he can do that people can surely go good! This is your village, you always talk so highly about it! And now you're dissing it?! Some Hokage you are." 

"Haruka, please. Just try to understand," he pleaded. 

"You know what's stupid grandfather?" She spat walking towards her rooms door. She stopped in the doorway and looked back, her hand resting on the knob. "Is that you never thought of a mask, or a genjutsu to let me be a normal child. . .Visiting times are over, you may leave." And with that she slammed the door shut.