Part 25

*Third person pov* 

Haru walked alone down the streets, Kakashi was supposed to buy her ramen after the second test like they agreed. As she walked down the dirt pathway she kicked a pebble lightly, the pebble hit a familiar figure in the head. 

"I'm so sorry," Hana apologized to the figure.  The figure nodded back and walked up to Hana. 

"Hana, have you been crying?" He asked wide eyed. 

"U-uh, n-no." She stuttered wiping her tears. 

"Follow me," the figure said grabbing hold of her hand. The two walked in complete silence until they reached his house. They both walked in and Haru sat down on the couch. 

"Tell me what's going on." The figure wearing blue demanded. 

"Nothing is. I promise." She smiled under her mask. 

"Haru, I've heard your slip ups. Especially the one before we left for the land of the waves mission. Tell me, I'm your friend." The figure replied holding her hands. 

"Sasuke, I'm a monster. I'm afraid if I tell you. . . You'll run away." She whispered with her head down. 

"I'd never run away. Not from you." He turned his head away. Haru's head snapped up with a blush and wide eyes. She felt her heart pounding faster and faster. 

"You," she whispered. In an instant she hugged Sasuke, her face buried into his chest. "I'll tell you." She whispered. She let go of him and they both got a bit more comfy, aka Haru was resting her head on his lap.  "You see, when I was born I didn't come out normal, my parents thought I wasn't theirs. So they tried to have me sent back, did DNA tests and everything to prove that I wasn't theirs. They couldn't accept it. When they found out I was theirs naturally they freaked. They wanted to give me up for adoption, but grandfather said that'd make the Sarutobi line look bad. So they kept me, more like kept me in a cell where no one could ever find me for my whole life. Until, grandfather let me out. Until then, I've never seen the outside. Nor what a tree looked like. My parents hate the idea, so they still pretend like I don't exist. Grandfather makes me wear this mask and a genjutsu to hide my face. . . Because. . . I'm the kind of different no one likes." She looked up at him. 

"What do you look like?" He asked. 

"Like a monster." She whispered. 

"You could never be a monster in my eyes." He smirked. Hana sat up. 

"If I show you, do you promise not to tell anyone?" She asked. 

"I promise," he replied. 

"Pinkie promise?" She asked in a cute childish way with a blush. Sasuke chuckled. 

"Pinkie promise." He replied. Taking a deep breath she undid the genjutsu in her eyes, she looked up to see Sasuke's reaction. It wasn't fear, hatred or any of that. It was fascination, love and happiness. She picked at the end of her mask and slowly began to take it off. Once it was off she looked up at Sasuke. 

"This is what I look like." She gazed down. 

"So, this is what the face of Kohona's beautifulest maiden looks like." Sasuke smirked. 

"B-Beautiful?" She blushed. 

"No, gorgeous." He replied. Haru tackled Sasuke in a hug. 

"Thank you, thank you so much." She whispered.