Part 38

I smiled halfheartedly at the dragon ahead of me.  

"Soo, where are we going?" I asked adding a little of bounce in my step. 

"To The Cave Of Judgement," he murmured.

"Ouuuuu, sounds fancy. What's inside of it?" I asked moving a leaf six times the size of me out of the way.

"My clan, my sons. Your soldiers. Bu-"

"In order to go in I have to pass the test given to me by the cave? Will everyone see it?" He nodded. "Whatever the test is, I can handle it!"

"That's what they all say Haru. But the thing is, we've only had one other summoner out of thousands who tried."

My mouth went agape. 

"Naruto would tell me to never give up hope. To never stop trying. So. I don't care what you say. I will pass the test."

The dragon smiled and nodded. He walked into the cave and whistled. Dragons started flying and landing on the edges above, I was in the eye of the cave. The heart. 

"Judgment shall reign upon the one who wishes to tame us," 

"Tame? Nah, be friends my dude." I said, then I was hit with an invisible wave that knocked me down. I blinked. 

I saw myself. 

My past. 

So this is the pain I need to endure. This is worse than death. I can't bare to look. But. . 

I have to. 

Ahead of me I see a young girl. No mask.  I was playing with the dolls grandpa had given me, smiling like a normal child. I gulped, I knew what happened next. The creak of my metal door brought me back to reality. The young me looked and smiled at her mother. 

"Morning mother, do you think we're safe yet?" 

"Safe?" My mother asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, grandpa told me the only reason I was down here was to keep me safe; and our family safe from bad people!" I smiled. 

Oh how naive I was. 

Slap! It echoed throughout the room. 

"You think we aren't safe? That you aren't? You're a monster! MONSTER! Look at your face it's disgusting, you should have never been born! You're ugly, you're useless and you will never be apart of our family! Never call me mother again! EVER! You hear me?!" She stomped over to my dolls and grabbed them.  She ripped their heads and mangled their bodies. 

"No stop! Grandpa gave those to me!" I yelled running over. She smacked me away and I fell to the ground smashing my head against the concrete.  "No," I heard myself whimper as she threw them at me.

"A monster doesn't need toys." She stated. She then walked out. 

The scene changed to when I was a bit older, Konohamaru had been born. He was 3 now.  He opened the door and waddled in. 

"Imouto? Haru?" Konohamaru whispered, he opened the metal door with effort. I ran over and helped him, and hugged him.  "I brought you some brownies! Me and mommy made them."

"She let you?" Young me asked. 

"No," he shook his head fast. " I snuck down here. Are you twaining?"  I nodded. 

"Yes Konohamaru, do you want to train with me?" both of my selves asked. I walked up to them and squatted, tears running down my eyes. 

"Isn't it dangerous?" 

"I'll protect you, I always will." I smiled.

"Okay." I watched as my younger self walked him to the post, where he threw a punch and hurt himself. 

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. No. You don't punch like that," I watched as my hand engulfed his and kissed his booboo. I re-positioned it. "Now try."

"I did it!" 

SMASH. Mini me was thrown to the floor with great force. My head had been hit with a steel pipe, blood gushed down my head. I looked up to see mother. She swung, and swung, and swung. Hitting me multiple times while Konohamaru hid. She beat me nearly to death.

"DON'T TOUCH MY SON DEMON!" She screamed and continues hitting me. When she was satisfied she grabbed him and left me.

The scenes  changed and each one was me getting beat, the events I never wanted to remember. That I tried to forget, each time getting older and older. Then it stopped. 

I was in a room with my mother, she was glaring at me. I was on the ground crying

 "I can't believe dad let you out into the world you monster. You should be dead, I'd be glad if you were dead. You belong in a cell." I stopped and got up, my heart pounding. I felt like I was going to die.

"I made friends." She scoffed and laughed. " I don't need your acceptance anymore. . . Mother," with that I walked away, and she drifted away. 

I felt another wave. I was back in the cave, all of the dragons were looking at me in pity, and tears in their eyes. 

"Soo, did I pass?" I asked breaking the silence.  The dragon nodded. "Whoo! I knew I could. So. Uh. Is there anything you need from me before I pass out?"