Part 39

Haru beamed under her mask excited for tonight, it was her birthday. This is the first birthday that she might be able to spend with friends, and her grandpa would stop by tonight like he usually does on her birthday. Haru cared about her friends so much, she loved all of them and would do anything to see them smile, and happy. She knew being a ninja was hard mentally and physically. But she wanted everyone to be shielded and know that they aren't alone.  In her hand were some cards, cards for Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, and even Sakura she went out and bought them, writing each of them notes about how they changed her life and how much she appreciates them. 

"Birthday, birthday, it's my birthday. My first happy birthday, not alone!" She sang quietly. Up ahead she saw her team walking, she beamed at the sight of them but one, in particular, caught her interest. 

*Flash back*

"You're beautiful," Sasuke said.

*Flash back end* 

"Hey guys!" Haru yelled, "wait up!" 

"Hey Haru!" Naruto yelled back. 

"Where are you guys off to?" Haru asked not remembering any plans made for today.

"We are going sho-"

"We are going to train." Sasuke cut Naruto off, Sakura punched Narutos back. 

"Oh, I must have forgotten then. I'll come," Haru smiled taking a step forward. 

"NO!" Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto yelled. 

"You don't need to, we are just going over the stuff we learned at the lake," Kakashi sighed flipping a page in his book. 

"Oh, okay. Uhm, what are you guys doing tonight?" Haru asked excited to ask them to spend her birthday with her. 

"Busy," Sakura glared.  Haru looked at Sasuke. 

"Busy," he replied. 

"Oh, uh, Naruto? Kakashi-sensei?" Haru asked a little disheartened.

"Busy," Naruto replied.

 "Don't want to go out tonight," Kakashi sensei said.

"Oh, maybe another time? Or I can come with one of you guys tonight?" Haru asked.

"No Haru, no means no. Jeez don't you get it. You're just being annoying no one wants you here." Sakura glared. 

*Flash back* 

"No one wants you here, you'd be better off dead," her mother said.

*Flash back end* 

"Aha, y-you don't mean that," she smiled trying to shrug it off. 

"Yes I do," Sakura glared. "It'd be better off if you were gone." 

Haru took a step back in shock, "Sasuke? Naruto? Kakashi-sensei?" She asked looking at each of them to see if they would speak up for her, and tell her they want her around. 

"Sakura is right," Sasuke agreed. 

"Go home," Naruto said. 

"It'd be better of if you were dead," Sakura said. Haru's eyes widen and tears prick her eyes. 

"W-what?" Her voice cracked, "oh, I guess I'll see you guys around." Without another word she ran away, as she ran 4 cards fell out of her hand and fluttered towards the group. 

"Why would you say that?" Naruto asked. 

"I don't know I was just trying to get her off our backs," Sakura replied.