Part 35

*Third person pov* 

Haru was walking through the village alone, she was beside a fence sighing.  Her eyes brimmed with tears, she slammed her back against the fence and held in a sob. Her knees buckled underneath her and she fell to the ground, the dirt lightly making it's way to the sky. She buried her face into her hands and started sobbing. 

"Haru?" A deep voice asked.  Haru sniffed and wiped her eyes. 

"Yes?" She asked looking at the ground. 

"I saw your face. . ." The voice said. Haru's head snapped up, and then back to the side where she suddenly saw a flower that seemed interesting. 

"Oh," was all she could manage to say.  An awkward silence filled the air, all that could be heard was a breeze. 

"And. . . I thought," he started off. Haru squeezed her eyes shut knowing what he would say. "You were beautiful." Haru's eyes shot open and a gasp of surprise left her lips. 

"Y-You thought I-I, really?" She asked looking him in the eyes. The figure turned away a light blush on his face. 

"Really," he mumbled. Haru smiled and looked back down at the ground. After a second Haru looked back at the blue figure, he was holding his hand out to her. She took it, and he helped her up. He turned around and began to leave. 

"Sasuke!" She called. Sasuke turned around his hair swaying gently and hands in his pockets. "Thank you." She smiled. He nodded and began to walk away. After a couple of steps he looked back. 

"Are you coming?" He asked. 

"Huh? Where?" Haru replied. 

"Tch, to get some food." He replied looking forward again. 

"Oh! Yeah." She smiled, she ran up to him and proceeded to walk with Sasuke. From this moment, what none of them knew, was trouble was brewing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haru and Sasuke sat together at Ichiraku's ramen shop, two girls peering around the corner stalking them. 

"I'll have beef please," Haru spoke. 

"I'll have the same." Sasuke replied. 

"Two beef ramen noodles coming up!" Teuchi called out to his daughter.  The two were left alone to chat as he turned around and proceeded with his work. 

"Sasuke," Haru started off. 

"Hm," he replied. 

"Why are you so distant? Unlike Naruto and Sakura." She asked. "I don't mean to overstep-it's just-"  she quickly added.

"No, it's alright. My family were murdered by my older brother Itachi Uchiha. The whole Uchiha clan wiped out; if I had just come earlier," he spoke his fist tightening and his frame shaking. Haru looked at him with pity and reached her hand over and placed it on top of his. He stopped shaking at looked at her.  "I'm going to kill him. He's going to pay for what he's done." He said with hate lacing every word. 

"Revenge," she whispered. He looked down, eyes shadowed. 

"And I'll stop at nothing to achieve it." 

". . ."

" . . . "

". . ." 

". . ." 

"And I'll help you," Haru smiled. Sasuke's head snapped up and a light gasp came froom his mouth, he looked over at Haru with surprise. She smiled under her mask.  "I'll help you achieve that goal. . . So . . . You can finally be happy." 

"Two beef ramen," Teuchi said as he handed them their bowls of food. 

"YAY! This looks so good," she squealed in delight. She slid down her mask with her genjutsu and started eating stars shining out of her eyes and giggles escaping. 

'This girl. . .She. . ' Sasuke thought. He slowly picked up his chopsticks and started eating, not once taking his eyes off of Haru. 

Budump, budump, budump.