Part 24

*Third person pov* 

Haru walked into her parents house where Konohamaru was sitting happily waiting for his food in the living room, his mom told him after he ate he could go visit his sister with her. She tiptoed in and gulped, she hid slightly behind the wall and peaked into the kitchen. 

"Mother?" Her soft voice asked as she saw 3 plates on the table. One was for her dad, her mom and Konohamaru. 

"What." She asked slightly disgusted as why she was in her house.  

"I uhm, I passed the first chunin exams." She smiled under her mask and blushed. She twiddled with her thumbs and a couple of moment passed by in silence as Haru's mother set the table, the light clang of silverware hit the table. 

"What are you waiting for?" Her mother asked. 

"I uhm, I thought. Since. .  I passed the first part of the chunin exams. . . Maybe, m-maybe I could have. . Supper with the family at the table?" She whispered blushing. Haru's mother placed a fork harshly on the table sighed irritated and looked up at her. 

"Haruka, how much times have I told you, no matter what the circumstances you are not allowed in this house?" Her mother asked harshly. Her father walked into the room and went up to the sink to fill up a cup.

"But I-"

"I don't care! You're a nuisance! Why you're grandpa let you out I don't know why!" Haru's mother yelled, Haru's eye widen and she slightly shrunk back. 

"Honey," her father said lightly. 

"No! She needs to hear this!" She yelled turning to him. She walked up to Haru, she stood and stopped in front of her. Her eyes bore nothing but hate, a moment passed. "Look me in the eyes Haruka." Her mother demanded. Haru continued too look at the ground gulping the cry that etched to escape her throat. "Haruka! Look at me." She demanded louder. "HARUKA LOOK AT ME!" She screetched at the top of her lungs, Haru lightly jumped and slowly began to look up, her eyes laced with tears about to escape.  Her mother forced her chin up with her finger, her nail digging into her throat. "You are nothing, you are a mistake. The only reason we keep you is out of pity. A monster like you doesn't deserve to exist." She whispered in her daughters ear. She took her finger out from under Haruka's neck and her head dropped. A moment of silence passed, her mother walked back over to the table. 

"Honey," her father whispered. 

"Go to your cell Haruka. And don't ever. . . Ask to eat with us again." She sneered as she pulled her husband out of the kitchen. Haruka swallowed the lump in her throat, she stood for a moment. She then slowly turned around and began to walk out of the house. As she passed the wall to the living room she felt a hand tug her kimono. 

"Hana-nii?" Konohomaru's soft voice said, Hana looked over and saw tears in his eyes. Hana gave him a sad smile. 

"Don't worry about me Konohamaru," she said looking down at him trying to hold back her tears. "I'm. . . I'm fine." Her voice cracked. Haru's eyes widen as she felt arms wrap around her, she looked down to see Konohamaru hugging her. She let out a little whimper desperately trying to hold in her tears, a few escaped. After a moment, she grabbed Konohamaru by his shoulders. Her face was darkened so you couldn't see her eyes. "You should go eat with the family." She replied. 

"But. . " Konohamaru began to say, Haru started heading towards the door.  "You are family." He whispered as he heard the door shut.