(JD°TP) Just Let Me Burn

Jorel's POV

It was a normal day.

Well...as normal as a day for me could get.

I was just laying on my couch, talking to some of my friends on my sidekick.

I noticed Aron was really talking in the group chat.

He never really does though.

I went out of the group chat and into a private chat with Aron.

Jorel: hey Ar, you okay?
Aron: don't worry about me jorel. I'm perfectly fine as always
Jorel: if you say so aron, you know I don't believe you though.

After that I never got a response.

I knew he wasn't okay as usual.

He never was.

I can't even count how many times I've stopped him from killing himself in the past month.

It was starting to get bad.

I've tried convincing him to check into a hospital but he won't do it.

He refuses to go into a hospital because he thinks they'll never let him out.

I went back to texting in the group chat for a few more hours.

~

It was around three in the morning when I got a strange text from Aron.

They seemed to be lyrics. I recognized them as something he'd written.

Aron: let it all burn, I will burn first. God I've tried am I lost in your eyes? Just let me burn, its what I deserve. God I've lied am I lost in your eyes?

I brushed it off as nothing and didn't reply because I was tired.

He texted again though.

Aron: just let me burn, it's what I deserve

And again

Aron: just let me burn

Now I started to realize I couldn't brush it off as nothing.

I quickly put a hoodie on and slipped on a pair of shoes, racing down my steps.

My parents won't care that I disappeared during the night so I didn't bother to tell them.

I got in my car, turning it on and racing to Aron's house.

I parked my car and got out, racing into his yard.

I looked up at his window when I noticed an orangish glow coming from it.

There he was.

Aron.

He just stood in front of the window, looking down at me.

I started to panic when I saw fire go up behind him.

That's what those texts meant.

He was going to kill himself by setting fire to his room.

I was glad that the rest of his family wasn't home but also very upset because I knew I couldn't save him this time.

I fell to my knees, the glow of the fire lighting up the yard and me.

I looked up at Aron.

He looked back at me for a few seconds before stepping back into the dark of his room.

Then all I saw was fire.

He was gone.

A/N: sorry if it's kinda shitty, I have a case of writers block so I could really think of much. It's just kind of supposed to point towards aron losing his mind after so many suicide attempts and he's just ready to die so he kills himself in a way no one could save him from. Idk