(JD°TP) I'll Be Fine...Eventually

J-Dog x Tha Produca

Aron's POV

I'd just gotten my one and a half year old son, Luka to sleep.

I think it's around two in the morning but I'm not quite sure what time it is because I haven't looked at clock in a few hours.

My phone was laying dead on my bedside table.

I quietly crept out of Luka's room, carefully shutting the door.

I yawned, my eyes becoming heavy.

I can't remember the last night I got more than three hours of sleep.

Being a single parent was hard, I was so exhausted all the time.

Athina had left me a month after Luka was born, saying she didn't love me and didn't want my child.

I'd honestly been a mess since.

Yeah, I was never really the most loyal boyfriend but that's not what hurt me.

What hurt me was that she wanted nothing to do with Luka.

This was her child too.

Even if she didn't love me I wish she were still here to help with Luka.

My sister, Arina would come over sometimes to help but only once a week. She had a child of her own to take care of.

I love Luka with my whole heart but it's so stressful to take care of him by myself.

I shuffled down the hall to my room, shutting the door behind myself.

I sat on my bed, reaching over and opening the drawer to my beside table.

I knew this wasn't the safest place to keep all my medications because Luka had started walking and could get into it. I'd have to move all of it to the bathroom soon.

I took out the three bottles of meds.

One for depression, one for anxiety, and one for some prescription sleeping pills because the over the counter pills were too weak for me anymore.

I took two sleeping pills before capping the container and getting up.

I went into the bathroom, putting all the containers into the cabinet.

I turned around and made my way back to bed, laying down and staring up at the ceiling till I fell asleep.

~

I woke up about three and a half hours later because I heard Luka babbling to himself in his crib.

I sat up, yawning quietly and stretching.

I looked out the window, seeing the sun just starting to rise.

A small sigh escaped my lips as I got up and trudged to Luka's room.

I pushed the door open and walked up to his crib.

" hey Buddy " I said, giving him a slight smile.

It wasn't real though. They never were anymore.

Luka held out his arms for me to pick him up so that's what I did.

No matter what Luka always had a small, giddy smile.

He never understood what was happening with me, what I was going through and I was glad he didn't.

I hope things turn out better for him when he's older.

My life has been a complete mess the past decade pretty much.