(TP°SJ) Love The Way You Lie pt.2

Tha Produca x Shady Jeff

Jeff's POV

I woke up to an unfamiliar room.

Must've slept with some random chick last night.

I quickly got out of the foreign bed and gathered up all my clothes, slipping them on.

I grabbed my phone and put my shoes on, slipping out through the front door.

I made my way to my car, getting in.

I turned it on and made my way down the road.

As I drove my phone started ringing.

I answered it, annoyance in my tone.

"hello?"

"Jeff Philips?"

"yeah?... "

"you're on the list as one of Aron Erlichman's emergency contacts. We're sorry to inform you but......he's been found dead. Committed suicide the poor thing "

Everything around me seemed to stop.

I dropped my phone, my car practically coming to a halt in the middle of the road.

I was snapped back to reality by cars honking so I started driving again.

I could feel myself shaking.

He was dead and it was my fault.

I'd broke him.

I'd pushed him away to the point that he killed himself.

I'd become a monster.

Why didn't he leave me?

Why would he stay in such a toxic relationship?

...why did I treat him like that?....

I drove back to our shared apartment, quickly rushing in to find paramedics and police officers everywhere.

"here, I believe you should read this since it's addressed to you " one of the officers said, handing me an envelope with my name written on it.

There were a few blood stained fingerprints on it.

I opened the envelope as well as the note.

" dear Jeff,
I know by the time you read this I'll be gone. Maybe you won't even read it. Even if you don't I still want you to none that I love you. I love you even after everything you've done to me. Yes, it hurt to know I meant nothing yo you anymore. I wish I didn't have to leave. I wish we could be happy again, I wish you would actually mean the 'i love you's' you'd tell me. I wish you did still love me. Maybe once we're reunited in death you'll love me again. Maybe not. Only time will tell. For now, I love you Jeff Phillips....No matter how many bruises and scars you leave on my skin.
                    Love, Aron "

He still loved me?

Even after everything I've done to him.

I feel so horrible now.

I know I can't fix any of this, I know I can't bring him back and make it up to him.

I wish I could go back in time, to back when I didn't treat him like shit.

I want to stop any of this from happening.

I just want to hold him again, tell him I love him because I mean it.

I can't fix any of this though.

I never will be able to.

God, I messed up so badly.

I don't even deserve to live anymore.

I won't.

I'll leave this place and make it up to him in the afterlife.

I regret every lie I've ever told him, every bruise or scar I've ever caused.

I regret everything because you don't really know what you have until you lose it.

I had an amazing, loving boyfriend who I took for granted and broke.

It's my fault he's gone.

I ruined his life and I can never fix it.

~

I stood with a handful of pills.

I was gonna join him.

I had to.

I have to make all of this up to him.

I swallowed the pills, taking a long gulp of water.

Soon, i'll join him once more.

"...I'm so sorry, Aron......for everything.... " I murmured, sitting against the cabinets.

I sat in silence, waiting for the numb feeling of death to take over.

Eventually it did and I backed out, reuniting with the man who deserved better than me.

Maybe I can finally treat him how he should be treated.

How I used to treat him.