•Chapter 1•

Nick Bateman as Mason Sanders ^^

Present Time..

"Ava! Wake up, you do not want to be late for your first day of senior year!" My mom warned downstairs from the kitchen.

I quickly pulled myself out of bed and stumbled into the shower, I hissed when I felt the hot water splash onto my wrist and a few minutes later walked out.

I decided to wear a black long sleeve sweater, some maroon ripped jeans and my combat boots. Even though I knew Melissa would give me a hard time about wearing it in this hot weather but for some reason I don't really mind wearing sweaters and jeans in the heat.

I left my hair to air dry and made sure I didn't look in the mirror because it would have made me feel insecure and ruined my day.

After I finished with everything, I grabbed my bag and began to make my way to the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie, would you like some ice coffee to go?" My mom asked while sipping her homemade Ice coffee that she makes every morning.

"No thanks. Bye mom, I love you." I gave her a quick hug and ran out to the garage and inside my car.

As I drove to school, I felt myself start to shiver as my anxiety increased the closer I got to the school.

I hate first days, I always expect for something bad to happen.

As I walked into the school, I saw that some people have huddled into a big group.

It was a little bit unusual but I decided to pay it no mind and made my way into the office to pick up my schedule.

While I was in line I kept hearing giggles and snorts by some girls behind me, I tried to not let them get to me but sadly it always did.

I always felt like someone was laughing about me or making fun of me even if they were not. I couldn't seem to be able to convince myself that they might be laughing about something else.

I reached in front of the line and quickly asked for my schedule and left the office with my head down.

I heard the first bell and made my way to American government, which was honestly my favorite class; I was always interested in politics.

As I entered the classroom, I saw that some popular girls have crowded the new boy. Which I admit he looked good but definitely seemed like my best friend Melissa's type.

I walked to the back and began to make my self comfortable in an empty seat as I waited for the teacher to start the class.

A while later the bell finally went off and the teacher walked in front of the classroom.

"Hello everyone! My name is Mr. Rodriguez and I have decided to make your first day a little easier." He paused, "We will just get to know each other today and begin to move into our assigned seats." He said as everyone started to groan and grumble under their breaths.

"Well then, let's get started."

He began to call out names and I spaced out looking at the desk in front of me. A while later I heard my name being called multiple of times.

"Ava Collins?" Mr. Rodriguez called out with an annoyed look.

I quickly got up and stood awkwardly next to my old seat waiting for him to give me my assigned seat.

"Freak, she would be the one to wear sweaters in this heat." Isabella scoffed to one of her minions.

I should have known that my day wasn't going to start of that calm; like I said earlier it never did.