•Chapter 19•

"She said that she was in her room when she heard a loud noise coming from Ava's room." Melissa paused. "Since she was in that coma a few months back, she got worried and ran into her room and found her laying on the ground and that's when she called the ambulance." Melissa said with a crack in her voice.

"She will be okay." Mason said, trying to reassure himself.

I immediately woke up feeling drained, I turned around to see Melissa and Mason sitting right next to the hospital bed that I was laying in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Melissa asked worriedly.

"Tired." I mumbled.

"Your mom was with you all night but she left to get some coffee." Mason said while holding my hand in his.

"Okay."

"What happened last night?" Melissa asked bluntly.

"It's a long story.." I sighed.

"We have time.." Mason said.

"When Mason dropped me home, I got a private call, but I ignored it and then a few minutes after I received a voicemail from my dad.. and that's when I fainted." I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"He did not have the fucking nerve to call you after all he has done to you and your mom." Melissa spitted out angrily.

"What happened?" Mason asked confusedly.

"When I was a kid my dad became a drug addict and an alcoholic, back then I didn't really understand it, I thought the reason he was being so mean and distant was because he hated me, he threw things around the house and screamed at my mom every night. So one day my mom and I left and we came here." I summarized, watching Mason's face which was drained of any type of emotion.

I quickly looked down when his eyes shifted to mine.

"Well..I'll leave you guys alone, this silence is kind of getting uncomfortable." Melissa said as she gave me a quick hug and walked out.

"I'm so sorry Angel." Mason murmured, as he ignored my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I don't know how to make you feel better and it's so frustrating! I'm suppose to be making you happy and every time I think I am, I'm always proven wrong." He said, pulling his hair agitatedly.

"You make me so happy, more than you will ever know.." I said as I pushed myself closer to him.

"Do I really Ava?" He asked tiredly.

"Yeah you do.."

*

My mom walked in a while later and immediately had a smirk plastered on her face when she saw the cuddle position Mason and I were in.

"The doctor said your fine, you were a bit dehydrated." My mom said, giving me her 'you should be drinking water everyday' look.

I decided that I would be telling her about the call later, since I didn't want her to be overprotective and angry in front of Mason.

"I'm taking you out for breakfast, wanna join Mason?" My mom asked excitedly.

"Sure." Mason said with a small smile.

"Hold on, let me find the doctor to make sure that we are good to leave." She said walking out into the hallway.

"She's most likely going to question you a lot." I giggled, trying to brighten the mood.