•Chapter 8•

It's been a few hours now and I hated to admit it but I was actually having a lot of fun with Mason, He's gotten me to forget about everything in just a few hours.

I honestly wished I could feel this way every single minute of the day, but sadly happiness only lasted for a short amount of time until someone rips it away from you.

"Isn't that the girl who tried to commit suicide." Someone whispered, loud enough for me to hear, I started falling back into reality when I noticed people pointing at me, some giving me dirty looks and some giving me sympathetic looks.

Mason immediately sensed my discomfort and connected our hands, which calmed me down a little bit.

"It's okay, anytime you want to leave just let me know, okay?" He said, worriedly.

I gave him a weak nod as we walked to the next ride that I wanted to go on, As soon as we got into the long line we saw Isabella and her friends walking by, we made eye contact and her eyes shifted to Mason and I's hand that was still intertwined.

I started to get really nervous about what she was capable of doing, but she just walked away with the other girls, as if nothing happened.

Mason would stare at me once in a while to make sure that I was okay even when I assured him that I was fine.

We got on the ride which was pretty scary now that I was on it, I just assumed it was nothing.

When the ride started It felt thrilling, but when the ride got extremely fast, I couldn't take it anymore and wanted something to hold on to so bad.

I finally found something to hold on to which felt so comforting but by the end of the ride I found out that I was Holding on to Mason very tightly, while he laughed hysterically.

"Not funny." I glared at him playfully.

"Definitely is." He said with a laughing shrug.

My eyes wondered to the ring toss booth, which got me excited immediately there was this huge teddy bear as a prize that I was planning to leave here with.

"Let's go to the ring toss booth." I said trying to tug Mason away from going on anymore rides.

"Fine, I hate this game booth." He muttered.

He paid the man at the booth and the man handed us a few rings.

"Can I start first?" I asked.

"Go ahead."  He said.

I tossed the ring to have missed it immediately, Mason smirked and tossed his ring which he got around the stake.

"I hate you." I sighed, as Mason hurled his arms in the air in victory.

"Yes!"

We finally finished and Mason won the huge bear, which made me upset.

"Here you go, Ava." He said handing me the teddy bear, while sending me a small smile.

"Seriously!? Thank you!" I said excitedly, while hugging the big teddy bear.

"Mason!?" A boy called out.

Mason turned his head to the voice.

"Hey, Ash." Mason said with a smile.

"I didn't know you were coming?! Why the hell didn't you tell me bro?" The guy known as Ash asked patting Mason on the back.

I stood behind Mason awkwardly with my big teddy bear hanging from my arm.
He looked really familiar, he probably went to our school, I thought nervously.