•Chapter 4•

^ Okay guys this is definitely my mood in school :3

Mason's pov

I woke up to the rain beating gently on my window, I took a quick shower and speed walked to my car, excited that I was finally asking Ava to hang out.

I got to the school in a matter of 10 minutes and rushed inside making sure that I didn't get soaked.

As I walked to American government class, I heard a lot of whispering and hushes, it was very odd but I decided to not think so much about it.

I sat in my seat as I waited for Ava to walk into the clsssroom but the bell rang soon after I walked in, maybe she woke up late or something I might see her at lunch later, I mentally shrugged not thinking too much about it.

Mr. Rodriguez walked in looking very disappointed and sad.

"Hello class, as some of you may already know, since word spreads out very fast in this school, Ava Collins attempted to commit suicide yesterday."

As Mr. Rodriguez informed us about why Ava isn't present today, my face paled and the classroom went extremely quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

I had this weird feeling in my heart that I didn't know I was capable of feeling, and my breathing was as if I just finished running a marathon.

"Can you repeat that sir? I think I heard you wrong." One of the boys behind me asked.

Mr. Rodriguez took a deep breath and continued. "Ava Collins attempted suicide yesterday and is in a coma, if I hear anything, I'll be sure to let you guys know." He said blankly.

My heart started to beat very rapidly, As a rush of guilt and sadness overwhelmed me, It was as if no one else was in the classroom except for my thoughts and I.

Questions after questions continued to cloud my mind as everyone around me went on with their day as if nothing was wrong about this situation.

~~~~

"I just don't understand why she would do this." I heard a familiar voice say, weirdly as if the person was crying.

My eyes felt completely shut and I was left very confused until everything I did earlier hit me all at once.

Was I dead? It didn't seem like it, all I saw was darkness and voices, I couldn't even feel my body.

I started to hear a beeping sound which was giving me a headache and started to get really annoying.

"What is that noise!? Is she waking up yet??!" The woman who's voice I kept hearing said, I finally came to the conclusion that this was my mom.

"I'm sorry ma'am she's just showing signals right now." A deep voice answered.

"Signals of what!?" My mom asked while she screamed at the person for answers.

"Signals that she knows whats going on, you know she can hear us right? she just can't answer back or move."

"Honey, please wake up." My mom said while sobbing, breaking my heart.