•Chapter 26•

Mason tugged at my hand and lead me past the judgmental stares from upper class women who wondered how the poor suicidal girl who they gossiped about got in. And the worst judgement to think about that instantly crushed my heart is for them to wonder why such a popular guy like Mason Sanders doing entertaining someone so below him and why isn't he with Alissa? Is what I bet they were thinking. And although I shouldn't have cared, deep down I did and deep down I knew they were right.

I started to feel uncomfortable in my sparkly gold long sleeve body con dress that I had thought would make me fit in with these people and stupidly believed that it made me look beautiful. Someone who was worthy to be holding Mason Sanders's arm. Sadly, it is impossible to cover someone who is hideous like me with a dress that was probably $30 or less in order to appear to be someone of Alissa's character; it is just impossible and unrealistic.

As we passed multiple of stares, Mason would constantly look back sending me a worried smile. Hoping that I would be oblivious to the whispers, laughs, and sneers that were sent my way. But all I did was put on my best smile to indicate that I was completely oblivious to it, I don't ever want him to constantly be on edge because of me. Suddenly we walked into a room filled with glass windows that exposed the night sky and moon immensely. Mason caressed my cheek and said, "I know you lied to me back there."

I gave him a smile to try to cover up my lie even more and replied, "Lied about what?"

He gave me a saddened look as If I was a fragile girl that he needed to fix up and it hurt because it just goes to prove that he was constantly saving me and I couldn't have him do that. I couldn't be saved no matter what I did, It was not possible to save me and I wasn't going to allow him to live his life this way.

He took me by surprise and wrapped his arms around me as If he wasn't ever going to let go. As if I was the most important thing in the world to him. "Angel, you don't need to protect your feelings away from me." He sighed, "You know that don't you?"

Nodding my head, I told him with a cracked voice, "I know."

He unwrapped his arms, and I mentally sighed at the loss of comfort. But instantly his rough hand stroked my cheek which always became soft and gentle when it came into contact with my skin. "Then why do you do it?" He paused. "Do you really think I don't know you that much to clearly see that your uncomfortable here?"

I instantly closed my eyes and focused on the warmth which radiated from his touch and said, "I am sorry.. I just don't want to be annoying."

He looked at me whilst his lips crinkled into a smile and then laughter came after, "My silly angel, you being open to me about your feelings could never be annoying to me."

I looked into his eyes which was filled with complete adoration which I couldn't comprehend. How did I get so lucky? Is this relationship entertainment towards the universe? Let's just put him with this girl who is completely below him and watch what happens. I began to tear up and instantly looked away from his gaze; I looked pathetic.

He sadly smiled at me and said, "Let's get out of here." He gently placed his hands onto my waist, "Let's go get some McDonald's." He smirked knowing that I wouldn't be able to resist it and playfully pressed his lips onto mine.

We walked out as the amount of people seemed to have lessened. As we were so close to leaving this dreadful place filled with stuck up judgmental people; the voice I didn't really want to hear right now spoke up. "Mason!" Alissa called out whilst walking quickly towards us in her heels. "Where are you going?"

Mason slowly turned around and looked a bit guilty for leaving earlier than he anticipated. "Oh hey, we were just leaving." He smiled.

Alissa secretly scanned me up and down letting me know that she knew that I was the reason why we were leaving. "Oh come on, please?" She said giving out her puppy eyes.