•Chapter 20•

A few months later...

I walked around Mason's house trying to separate myself from the fancy little party that was going on, I was beginning to feel a bit out of place with my simple blue dress topped with my white cardigan, everyone was either wearing something sparkly or something really expensive.

I bite my lips nervously, as I tried to find Mason or a bathroom to lock myself in, the slow opera music was making me feel really lazy to get up from my seat but somehow I had managed to make it all the way upstairs to the second floor.

As I walked down the hallway, I began to hear a laugh that sounded a lot like Mason's, I found myself walking a bit faster when I heard a small giggle from a girl.

"Mason you never said that!!" A girl I'm guessing is Alissa, said with a laugh.

I turned the corner to see her and she looked completely stunning, with her long brown hair and knee length sparkly rose gold dress that fitted her perfectly.

How can I ever compare to that..?

While laughing Mason said, "I remember actually saying that." Even though I didn't know what they were talking about, I felt that they had this spark between them that was unbreakable, which made me not want to watch them anymore.

I decided to slowly walk away and gave them their time alone.

*

As I was walking through the crowd, a server walked up to me offering me a shrimp cocktail, which I gladly accepted.

I sat at an empty table near by eating my shrimp while I watched the crowd of people all around me, everyone seemed so happy.

"Hello Ava." Mason's mom said, sitting on the chair next to me.

"Hello." I said with a smile.

"How have you been?"

I answered, "Great, thank you for having me here."

"No problem, where is Mason?" She asked.

Enjoying his time with Alissa.

"I don't know." I lied.

"He is probably around here somewhere, well I have to go at the moment but I hope your having fun."

"I am." I said.

"I am glad." She said as she hugged me, looking a bit hesitant to leave.

I grabbed my phone out of my purse and started to play a pool game with Melissa.

A few minutes later, I felt someone hugging me from behind, from a sniff of his cologne I immediately knew who it was.

"Hey baby." He said pecking my cheek multiple of times.

"Hey.." I muttered.

"Were you sitting alone all this time?" He asked with a mixture of shock and sadness in his voice.

"Uh yeah..but I'm fine." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay, I'm sorry.." He said kissing the top of my head.

Before I can answer, someone behind him cleared their throat awkwardly.

"Oh my bad, Ava meet Alissa." He paused, "Alissa meet Ava."

"Hello, it's nice to finally meet you." She said with a bright smile, even her smile was perfect.

"Hello and same." I said with a small smile.