•Chapter 12•

I walked out feeling extremely guilty, this could potentially go on her record and ruin her chances of going to an Ivy league college or any good college, I just ruined everything for her.

"Hey what's wrong?" Mason asked catching up to me.

"Nothing." I said trying to cover it up with a small smile, but he saw through that quickly.

"You know what we did in there was the right thing to do." He said with a shrug.

"I mean is it? she was only treating me like how I deserve, so is she really doing anything bad?" I said speaking out my thoughts, Mason stared at me as If I just grew two heads.

"Is that really what you believe? You don't deserve that Ava, no one does." He said angrily, I noticed that the hallway was getting packed, people walked around us staring at Mason and I being so close.

"I have to go to class." I sighed tearing my eyes away from his and began walking to my next period class.

*

An hour later..

Class has finally ended and It's time for lunch, I grabbed my bag and walked down the hallway to see a few of Isabella's friends giving me a bunch of dirty looks.

I ignored their stares and walked into the cafeteria, my eyes immediately searched for Mason at our table but he wasn't here yet.

I sat down at the usual table and a few minutes later Mason comes in, handing me a burger and fries.

"Please eat." He said quietly.

I decided not to fight him on it since he seemed upset and began eating quietly.

Is he mad at me? He seems more quieter. "I'm sorry." I mumbled.

His eyebrows furrowed together "About what?" He asked.

"You seem upset."

"I'm not upset Ava, I just wanted to give you space since you seemed mad at me." He shrugged.

"I'm not mad at you.." our hands intertwined, which immediately made me more relaxed than I usually was, when he decided to connect our hands together so suddenly.

"I know you feel guilty but what she did was wrong and her punishment should have been worst than that, try not to feel guilty about it." He said, staring right into my eyes.

"Okay." I said with a nod.

"For our win in defeating Isabella, I declare for us to get some ice cream after school!" He said with a chuckle.

I watch him amused and started laughing uncontrollably, "I love when you laugh like that." He said with a big smile, causing my laughter to immediately stop.

"Thank you." I realized that I haven't really laughed like that in forever.

It's like Mason is making me more happier by the minute, In a weird twisted way it's like he saved me.

Mason started his weird poking again.

"What Mason?" I ask annoyed.

"I'm bored." He pouted.

"Read a book."

"No." He crossed his arms starting his playful tantrum.

"I hate you." I said throwing him a playful glare.

"There's no way." He responded with a smirk.

The bell rang and we said our goodbyes, I walked into the classroom ready to finish school already.