•Chapter 28•

Prom was now around the corner and although I was never really interested in going to school planned parties. I craved to so badly ever since I met Mason; I wanted to experience all the things that came with being young and happy with him. And that was what I was going to do. Today was Saturday, the day that Mason promised to take Alissa to her prom. After our conversation yesterday I was selfishly hoping that he would ditch her last minute but knowing how Mason is; he cared too much to do that to her.

As I laid down on my bed, I received a text from Melissa telling me to get ready to go to the mall for our prom dresses. I groaned and started to get ready. As I pulled on a short sleeve shirt, I noticed that many of my cut marks were completely faded which shocked me because it had only been 6 months since I cut myself. A small smile was placed upon my lips knowing why I stopped, it was all because of him. I had changed so much and while I had a long way to go I was happy at my progress. The necklace Mason gave me on my birthday caught my attention through the mirror, as I gazed at myself; I saw how my face was glowing and how my cheeks was a flushed pink. I almost looked beautiful.

While I sat inside Melissa's car; I was immediately attacked by one of her firm hugs which said that she missed me and was going to kill me if we went that long without talking to each other again. "What the fuck Ava! I haven't spoken to you in so long!" She screamed at me whilst sending me a glare and began driving.

I sighed since I knew that Mason had took most of my attention and said, "I know and I am so sorry."

She shook her head with a smirk and replied, "Now you know how it feels."

I looked at her confusingly and asked, "What do you mean?"

"When I first started dating Michael it was like we barely saw each other anymore." She continued, "I felt horrible because I felt like I was ditching you but once you meet that one person it's like you never think of anything else, like your in a whole different world."  I nodded my head because that was exactly how I felt whenever I was with Mason. It was always us against the world.

"But we need to get out of that dreamy world with our boys sometimes and see each other more!" She said with a determined smile.

"I agree" I said with a chuckle.

"I have to put you on!" She squealed as if she forgot to tell me something huge.

My eyes widened at the many things she could tell me right and nervously said, "What is it?"

"Ava, your probably going to freak." She laughed nervously.

"I'll try not to." I muttered knowing how crazy Melissa is.

"Michael and I had a pregnancy scare a while back." She said.

My jaw dropped as I stared at her with extreme shock, "You guys are doing it?"

Melissa stared at me as if something was completely wrong with me and yelled, "Of course we do!"

I shook my head in utter disbelief at the fact that I didn't know. "So your not pregnant?"

"No Ava, thankfully I am not." She said with relief.

As we parked in front of the mall my mind wondered to the fact that Mason and I never went that far. We always made out but we never did it. Did he want to? Had he done it before? Oh god, I was now over thinking this as I do with everything.

"Ava are you okay?" Melissa asked with a worried look.

"Yeah I am, I just thought about Mason and I." I admitted whilst my cheeks started to heat up with embarrassment.

"About what?" She asked with an amused smile.

"You know what." I whispered.

"You guys haven't had sex?" She asked bluntly.