•Chapter 31•

We walked into the venue as bright crystal chandelier lights hung all around the ceiling. I guess the prom theme that was chosen this year was winter wonderland since there were white fake trees everywhere. People would give quick glances at Mason and I as we walked into the hall. I briefly sneaked a look at Mason whilst he was looking straight ahead and connecting my fingers with his.

As we walked to the back of the room where the tables and chairs were, we sat down with Melissa and Michael facing us. Melissa excitedly looked around and commented, "This looks absolutely amazing!" Michael adorably smiled at her, nodded his head and said, "It really does."

I smiled at how beautiful everything looked and stated, "I didn't know that the theme was winter wonderland."

Everyone looked at me suddenly with a questioned look. "Baby, you didn't know?" Mason asked a bit confused.

"No.." I muttered a bit embarrassed that I was the only one who didn't know what our prom theme was. It was sad that Michael knew and he wasn't even in our school.

"It's okay girl but it's been all over school for the past few months and is always announced in the morning." Melissa said worriedly.

"Oh.. I never really paid attention to any senior activities until recently."

Mason gave me a small smile and kissed the back of my hand that was still connected to his and said, "Angel, look they have sparkling strawberry lemonade." He said pointing excitedly at the bright pink sign that showcased images of all the different types of drinks that were being served. It reminded of the day he took me to the carnival and was so happy to try the food; I had to admit that he knew me very well since that was the only drink that really caught my eye.

"It looks so good." I said and continued, "Let's go get some."

He helped me up since my dress was giving me a hard time. Melissa and Michael decided to stay back at the table as we walked up to the booth that had the drinks, unfortunately the line was a bit long and we were forced to be all the way at the end.

"I do not feel like waiting in this line." Mason frustratingly muttered as he glared at everyone.

I giggled at how impatient he was being, "Mase it's okay."

"You know what, Fuck it." He said and tightened his hold on my hand whilst walking all the way to the front of the line to see Ash and most of the football players.

"Yo Mason, over here!" Ash yelled out. We walked up to them as everyone behind us seemed to have been more welcoming of Mason cutting the line than they were of me. So I decided to wait outside of the line since I didn't want anyone to be mad at me. He suddenly tried to pull me in line and I shook my head since I saw the dirty looks that everyone behind us were giving me.

"Come on Ava, stand in front of me." Mason said trying to grab my waist as I kept pulling away.

I shook my head, "Um I can wait for you over there." I uttered and pointed to the back of the line.

"Baby, I know you want a drink." He smiled charmingly being unaware of the glares that I was receiving.

"I am okay, maybe later." As I began to walk away. He instantly grabbed me by the waist, picked me up and placed me right in front of him.

"Mason!" I squealed.

He gave me a small smirk and placed his head on my shoulder whilst he held my back tightly to his chest.

"I love you." He muttered while placing a peck on my neck.

"People are getting mad at me." I whispered.