•Chapter 14•

A Week Later..

Roars of thunder soared through the sky as wet droplets began to hit the ground but all my mind was set on was running away, my feet rapidly stomped on the wet leaves scattered throughout the dark forest, suddenly I heard footsteps running behind me, which immediately alerted me to run faster.

"You can run away but you can't hide, sweetheart." A deep voice yelled out.

Who is that? And why am I even running? I asked myself.

"Who are you!?" I screamed out confused.

"Does dad sound familiar?" I heard him say, suddenly appearing in front of me with an evil smirk.

*

I jolted awake and frantically looked around my surroundings, feeling a sense of relief to see that I am safely in my room.

My breathing became very shallow, anxiety began to overwhelm me as I tried my best to take some deep breaths, which weren't helping at all.

I haven't had one of those nightmares about my dad since I was a kid, I now believe that the small memories of my dad back when I was little was why I would get so many nightmares but I just don't understand why I would have one now.

*

A few minutes later, my breathing has calmed down and I am beginning to feeling a lot better, I checked the time on my phone to see that its 3 in the morning.

I finished most of my homework from class yesterday and right now I'm really bored, maybe I can annoy Mason.

A playful smirk appeared on my lips as I scrolled through my contact list looking for Mason's name, I clicked on it and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Mason said with a raspy and tired voice.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked innocently.

"No Ava, because everyone wakes up at 3 in the morning."  He said annoyed.

"That's great!" I laughed at how annoyed he's getting at me.

"Why did u call?" He asked seriously.

"I was bored."

"I see what your doing here, you think your funny." I began to laugh really hard. 

"I-I'm sorry, but I wanted to see your reaction." I said continuing to laugh.

"Your lucky that your laugh is cute because I would have killed you, for waking me up." I can imagine him with his perfect and annoying smirk as he said that, which definitely erased that nightmare I had earlier from my head.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Angel, you coming to my away game today?" My heart began to beat faster.

I don't want to disappoint him or anything but I don't really feel comfortable going, yeah Isabella is expelled but that doesn't mean she can't go to an away game at another school and how about her friends?

They don't really like me that much.. they're always giving me dirty looks at school but it never really bothered me because I'm always with Mason.

He always kept my attention away from them and would make me forget about they're dirty looks instantly.

"Ava, you there?" He asks worriedly through the phone.