•Chapter 24•

Months Later..

Christmas had went by and it was amazing, Mason had come by my house and handed me a beautiful glass heart which had our initials engraved onto it. As for me I took all my allowance that I had been saving up in case of an emergency and bought him a watch which had a really short personalized message from me carved on the back saying, I love you Mase.

I walked into the kitchen finding my mom checking a bunch of mail letters.

"Hey honey, you have mail." She said handing me an envelope, which immediately caused my eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

Most of the time I never received mail letters so when I did I instantly felt excitement, wondering what the mail was about and who had the time to have sent it to me.

I quickly scanned the front of the envelope resulting in my eyes to almost bulge out of their sockets when I saw University Of Florida's stamp on it.

My mind immediately went to Mason, If I don't get accepted Mason would be completely crushed.

For the past few months, I have noticed that whenever I would bring the topic of college up he would find a way to somehow change the topic to something completely random, which I hated because it showed that college was becoming a big issue between us and I didn't want it to.

The letter held the power to solve this issue between us, the few sentences within this letter held my future with Mason and my future career. It's crazy when you think about it.. how a few words could have such an impact on a person's life.

"Mom.." I muttered quietly as I studied the envelope in my hand.

"What honey?" My mom asked confused by my behavior.

"Please read this for me." I said handing the letter back to her.

She took the letter and scanned it, instantly her eyebrows raised up and a sad smile was placed onto her lips, causing my heart to break.

"I am so sorry honey." She muttered.

"Yeah.. I-" I began when she cut me off.

"YOU GOT ACCEPTED!" She screamed jumping around while throwing the letter up into the air as if it held no value anymore.

I stood there in shock for a while, everything around me seemed so blank.

"Ava, aren't you excited?" She asked with confusion laced in her voice.

"I am, I just can't believe it that's all, maybe you read it wrong." I said, grabbing the letter off the hardwood floor.

Dear Mrs. Collins,

I am delighted to inform you that the Committee of Admissions has admitted you to the class of 2022. Please accept my personal congratulations for your outstanding achievements.

This opportunity comes in recognition of your academic and personal achievements and I am positive that you will be a valued member of our university.

In anticipation of the questions that you may have, I have enclosed a student starter package, which will familiarize you with the campus and the many opportunities and facilities that it offers. Also included is a list of faculty members who will be leading the courses in Nursing Science, along with contact information of our administrative staff. If you feel that you need further information than you were provided with in the student starter pack, please feel free to call the admissions office and they will do all that they can to make this transition easy for you.

To familiarize all new students with the campus and its rules, an orientation day is being organized, intimation of which will be sent to you within the month. We encourage you to join us on this day.