•Chapter 5•

Ava's Pov
I heard his voice, I'm very certain that was Mason.

After his whole confession, A part of me started to feel extremely guilty, I was being a whole bitch to him when all he was trying to do was be nice to me.

But then the other part of me was glad I tried to push him away because I never knew if his intentions were good or bad, I still don't know if they are to be honest.

But something about what he said made me a bit happy to hear, it made me feel like someone actually cared about me for a good 5 seconds until I reminded myself that people change very quickly, it's best for me to prepare myself for it before I get caught off guard.

He left a few minutes after, Melissa came in.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been there for you, I should've known what was happening to you, please wake up." Melissa said, pleading quietly.

That's the thing, I didn't know how to wake up? Did I even want to wake up?

~~~~~

Next Day

I have been walking around the mall for hours now, I pulled my hair getting really frustrated that I had no idea what to get her.

So far I got her a get well soon card, some flowers and a balloon.

Hours has passed by and I decided to stop by sephora and the store mac to buy her some lip glosses and whatever girls liked, I had the workers help me get her more stuff, since I had no clue what I was doing.

After that I got her some more sweaters, which seemed like her size from H&M and Forever 21, and some more things from other stores.

I was finally done and was now walking through the hospital hallways looking for Ava's room

I finally found it to see that the door was  wide open with Melissa and Ava's Mom watching me with their mouths wide open as I placed down all the shopping bags on the table.

I know, I went a little overboard but it only felt right to buy these for her, she deserved it after all.

"This is so nice Mason, but you know you didn't have to." Ava's mom said worriedly.

"It's okay, I want to." I said, giving her a smile.

"Some of these brands that you bought are expensive." Melissa said with a smirk.

I gave her a quick shrug and sat down at the empty seat near Ava.

*

Hours passed by and Ava's mom had kept Melissa and I entertained showing us cute pictures and videos of Ava as a kid on her phone.

"No way!" Melissa said laughing hysterically.