•Chapter 16•

"So where are we going?" I ask excitedly, basically jumping up and down in my seat.

"It's a surprise." He says with a small grin appearing on the side of his face that's facing me.

"Of course it is." I muttered rolling my eyes.

I glanced at the window and immediately grew captivated by the beautiful view of the city that we just entered.

We passed by cute cafes, shops that looks very expensive, and the pretty lights that brightens each small part of the city.

I was filled with pure happiness just by looking at the city and being with Mason, he makes me so happy.

The car finally stops and I quickly opened the door and stepped out, my eyes widens to see that we are in the parking lot of a very expensive and fancy looking Italian restaurant.

"Mason, This is probably really expensive we can just go to McDonald's or something." I say while pulling his long arms towards the direction of his car.

"No, my uncle owns the place and it's not expensive." He argues, pulling me to the front door.

We walk in to see a huge chandelier above us, a man with a white suite walks towards us with a bright smile on his face.

"Ah! Mason! How are you!?" The man says, I notice that he has a slight accent, maybe Italian? They give each other a hug as I stand by Mason feeling awkward and nervous.

They move away from each other and the man who I'm guessing is Mason's uncle attention shifts to me.

"And you are Ava! This boy right here keeps talking and talking about you!" He says patting Mason's shoulder.

I try to be formal and give him a handshake but he dodges it and brings me into a tight hug instead.

He walks us to a table in the back of the restaurant, I notice that a red rose has been placed on one of the plates and not on the other.

Mason sits me down and pushes my chair in.

I began to play with the rose on the plate while watching him sit down.

"Thank you, I wasn't expecting all of this." I say feeling speechless at this whole thing.

"No problem angel, you deserve it." Our fingers intertwined.

"I did not know you were Italian, I feel like I don't know you as much as I thought." I mumbled looking down at our hands.

A waiter walks towards us, he had blue eyes and long brown hair, he's cute but Mason is way cuter.

"Hello, what would you guys like to drink?" He asks cheerfully.