*Short Chapter*

10 year old Mason's Pov

"Nonna! Più minestra per favore?"

She smiled at me gently and answered, "Certo, mio bel ragazzo!"

The smell of romano cheese and cannellini beans wafted through the air of nonna's kitchen as I sat down with my empty spiderman bowl and waited for nonna to serve me more of her famous minestra. Before she could reach the pot she began to cough violently which had me worried about her since I hated when she was sick because mommy and daddy would pick me up and I wasn't able to take care of her. She was always alone and I hated that more than anything.

"Stai bene?" I asked anxiously.

She recovered instantly and smiled at me, "Certo, non preoccuparti per me e goditi la tua minestra."

I nodded my head and began to eat my fourth bowl of minestra. A few minutes later as I finished, she picked me up and ruffled up my hair whilst I glared at her.

"Smettila, sono grande ormai." I groaned and fixed my hair.

"Lo so, ma sarai sempre il mio bambino." She said with a small giggle; I smiled and happily nodded my head.

For the rest of the day she played hide and seek with me in her backyard and as if the day couldn't get any better she would bake cookies until mom and dad came to pick me up.

A few minutes later we heard the door open and saw mama and dad walk into the livingroom. "We are here!" My mom called out happily.

However I wasn't happy I was leaving my best friend and going back home with my mom and dad who were always busy and never noticed that I was even there.

"Hello mom, how are you?" My father asked worriedly whilst giving her a side hug.

"Good" She replied, glanced at me and said, "Continua a parlare in italiano con tuo figlio, non saro ' qui per sempre."

"Certo, mamma." He answered sadly and grabbed my hand as I waved to nonna not knowing our time together would be limited.

Translations <3

* "Nonna! Più minestra per favore?" - "Grandma! More soup, please?"

*"Certo, mio bel ragazzo!" - "Of course, my handsome boy!"

*"Stai bene?"- "Are you okay?"

*"Certo, non preoccuparti per me e goditi la tua minestra." - "Of course, do not worry about me and enjoy your soup."

* "Smettila, sono grande ormai." - "Stop it grandma, I'm a big boy now."

* "Continua a parlare in italiano con tuo figlio, non saro ' qui per sempre." - "Continue to talk in italian with your son, I won't be here forever."

* "Certo, mamma" - "Of course mother."

Okay guys so I know this chapter is really short but I did not want to add this scene with chapter 31 and you guys will find out why when I finish writing chapter 31, hopefully soon. I love you guys so much and thank you guys for still sticking with this book even though I do not update as often. <3