Chapter 1

The market was busily crowded. Merchants called across the market for customers. Customers bargained with merchants or called out to friends. A cool breeze whipped through the market. A morning chill had set across Cirices.

Abigail shoved her way through to a merchant selling fruit and vegetables. The products were grown locally in the outskirts of Cirices and were sold at the market every Saturday. Abigail chose some celery, cucumbers, capsicums, wild mushrooms and apples. She placed the right number of coins in the merchant's hand and bid him goodbye.

"Abigail!"

It was Lokeyia, one of Abigail's closest friends. Lokeyia had hip-long, blonde hair. However now, it was plaited back and only came down to her waist. Her blue eyes sparkled brightly.

"You finished shopping? I brought Jade along so we could get home quicker."

Jade was Lokeyia's horse which she loved riding to the market on every Saturday. Jade was a Thoroughbred which had a dark brown mane and tail and had a lighter brown body. Abigail didn't bother bringing her horse, Noctus because her house was far closer to the market than Lokeyia's.

"Yeah sure, Lokeyia. I've finished. Come on!"

Lokeyia and Abigail walked out of the market and soon approached Jade, who was tied to the fence along with many other horses. Jade nudged Lokeyia who untied her and climbed up onto her back.

"Come on, Abigail. Behind me. And hold on tight!"

Abigail awkwardly climbed up and sat behind Lokeyia.

The trip wasn't long but it was much less tiring than walking the whole way. Lokeyia chatted about Jade and how she is and Abigail chatted about Noctus. Lokeyia hadn't seen Noctus for ages so she was very eager to know how he was. However, soon the journey ended and the two friends bidded each other goodbye.