#21

February 14th

Horaces POV

A little while after Christmas Enoch began going to work full time so I've been left at home with the triplets. I really haven't been away from them at all. They actually have all been sleeping for a couple hours at a time so I could do stuff I need to do. Usally Enoch comes home when they are sleeping and we have time to talk. But today is different. Miss peregrine has offered to watch the kids so Enoch and I can go out.

I agreed to go because it was really nice of them to offer to stay behind but I don't really want to leave them in someone else's hands. I've been with them for about the past 3 months and I just don't like the thought of leaving them. Enoch took the day off so we could leave around 4. 

I'm just standing in front of the triplets cribs watching them sleep. I don't want to leave them at all. 

"Hey Horace are you going to get ready anytime soon." Enoch groaned from the bed.

"I don't want to leave them Enoch. What if something happens?" I turned around a sat next to him on the bed while saying this. 

" Everything will be fiine Horace. Just get ready already!" Enoch complained. 

"What if something happens! Remember the one time when I was exercising and LIZZIE started to cry! She could have been dying!"

"Horace. She just wanted attention. Everything will be ok! Now get dressed!" He was starting to get impatient.

"Fine. " I quickly said back. I walked to the closet to get something to wear.

"Horace."

" Yes Enoch." I said back while flipping threw my side of the closet. He came to the closet and walked past me to the back and pulled out a box. 

"Here." He said and walked away. He gave me the box before he went straight back to the bed.  Once I looked at the box I immediately knew what was in it.

"I don't think they will fit Enoch." I told him concerned. 

"Of course your suits will fit! Your just as skinny as you were before. Just try."  He said to me while turning off our tv that was playing music. 

"Are you sure? I like my suits but I'm not sure they will fit."

"Of course they will. Now put one on." He then proceeded to shove me into the closet and lock the door. 

"Enoch! Let me out! NOW!!" I yelled while pounding one the door.

"Put on a suit and I'll let you out." He said back teasingly.

"Fine then." I said back and took out my suit that was on the top. "It's going to fit though!" I screamed back.

"Yes it is. Now put it on!" He yelled back.

*time skip*

Enoch's POV.

Horace has been in the closet for 5 minutes. Why hasn't he come out yet.( LGBT+ humor) it was now 4:10 we were supposed to leave at 4. We'll at least Horace hasn't changed the time he needs to get ready. I put in my earbuds and turn on some music while I wait for him. I look down a see that my forearms are showing beneath my shirt. I quickly pull my sleeves down. Horace knows I used to cut. But I haven't told him that I've started again. One day Horace yelled at me for not showing that I loved him anymore and I don't know what to do. I should tell him. But I really can't. 

I  continue listening to my music. For about 6 more minutes. What is taking him so long. I walk to the door and knock on it. "Horace you almost done." I said threw the door

"I've been done for a long time but I'm sort of locked in the closet." He said back calmly.

I unlocked the door and then opened it. Horace was in a black suit. Similar to the one he wore when we left our loop. 

"At least I could get it on." He suddenly said." I'll go take it off now." He said and began to turn around. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to where he was.

"You look amazing Horace. Let's go now." I said to him

"I'm going to say good bye to the triplets first and make sure miss peregrine knows what to do." He then walked over to the cribs to say goodbye to the triplets.

After about 5 more minutes he went down to give a list of instructions to miss peregrine.

"I think I know how to take care of children." Miss peregrine told Horace. "You can go now." 

After getting to my car Horace then said" I feel like something bad is going to happen."

Typical Horace. Always fearing the worst.

"Everything will be fine Horace. Now let's just go and have a nice dinner. Just the two of us. No calling miss peregrine every 10 minutes. OK."

He sat in his seat looking worried "OK but if miss peregrine calls I have to answer. I guess we can go now." After he said this I started to drive OF to the restaurant where we were supposed to be eating. 

We decided to go to the restaurant we went to on horaces birthday. When we where seated we ordered the same things we did the last time we were hear. 

Horaces POV

The waiter put down bread on our table which I thanked him for. But when Enoch reached for I piece of bread I noticed something on his arm.

"Enoch?"

"Ya Horace." He replied while buttering his bread.

"What's that on your arm?" I asked him

Enoch freezed. He stared OF into space for awhile before saying "Nothing Horace. "

"Enoch. Show me." I said back now get concerned. 

He still didn't do anything. So I walked besides him and forcibly pulled up his sleeves to find cuts. And  it old ones. New ones.

"Enoch." I said back. My eyes filling with tears. I sat back down in my chair and began to cry. I'm  it good enough for him. He wants to get away from me and the triplets.

"Horace. Look at me." He said 

"What do you care! You have proven I'm no good!" I yelled back.

"Horace I do it because your not happy with me."

What. Of course I'm happy. Wait. I haven't really been showing it.

"I'm sort Enoch. Of course I'm happy. I'm just really stressed. Just please stop. For me and the kids."

"Ok." He said back. After a little while longer we were brought our dinner when my phone began to ring with miss peregrines name on the screen.