#24

May 15

Horaces  POV

**********D******R*******E*********A************M

I was sitting on the couch with Henry and Sammy watching some tv show. Well Sammy was reading.  I looked away from the show me and Henry were watching on a commercial and i saw Sammys hoodie sleeve was going down his arm. 

cuts.

I quickly pulled down his sleeve and say multiple of them. Some new and some very old. He looked at me his eyes wide. 

"Samuel Joseph O'Conner! I have told you and your siblings multiple times to never do this!" I screamed at him out of pure terror.

He never really talked but he seemed to let it all go. "You don't understand dad! Or should i even call you that! Uncle Jake has been more of a father to me then you ever have been or will be! You always ignore me and its fucking awful! And the kids at school don't help either! I'm done!" He then pulls a gun out of his pocket and shoots. Right into his head

*********************************************************************************************** "Horace!" Enoch yelled while shaking me. I opened my eyes and realized i was drenched in sweat. "Are you ok?" 

My eyes filled with tears as i ran to Sammys crib and picked him up. I didn't want to let go. I hugged him tight.

Enoch walked over and took Sammy away from me. I tried to pick him up again so i could calm down but instead Enoch picked me up.

"Enoch. Put me down." I said as loud as i could without waking anyone up. 

Enoch sat down on the bed and put me on his lap. "What happened Horace."

I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes filled with tears to the point where it looked like waterfalls were streaming from my eyes. I fell into Enochs chest knocking him down. I grabbed onto him and cried my head resting on his chest. Enoch put his hand on my back holding me close. 

As i cried Enoch just laid there and held me. It made me feel like i was safe. "Tell me when you want to talk about it Horace." Enoch said as he started to scratch my back with his free hand. 

"It....was....terrible!" I said in between sobs. i was still clutching onto to Enoch like if id let go id disappear. Enoch began to sit up so i wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my head in his shoulder. 

"What happened Horace?" he asked. His voice full of concern. 

"Sammy......cuts......bad dad......gun." I couldn't manage to say anything else. If i said anymore i might go insane. 

Enoch seemed to understand as he held me closer. If that was even possible.

"Horace your visions aren't clear with people you are close to. Remember?"

I did remember but it seemed so real. " Can we go to miss peregrine in the morning so she can wipe it." I haven't asked for that in awhile. If i had a really bad dream miss peregrine would wipe it from my memory. So i wouldn't live in fear of it happening.

"Miss peregrine gave me a jar of the medicine just in case." He said this and tried to escape my rasp to go get it. I didn't want to let go. "Hold onto my neck." He then said which i gladly did. He then stood up with my still attached to his body and went to get the liquid from his dresser. 

He grabbed it quickly and walked back the bed. He sat down and gave me the bottle. I opened up the top and drank the purple liquid that was on the inside.  

The liquid tasted terrible. It stung the back of my throat. I started coughing. Enoch then got under the covers of our bed while i was coughing and pulled me under as well. 

He rubbed my back while i coughed. He was the best. 

After about 3 minutes the coughing subsided and i curled up to Enoch. I could feel the heat from his body transferring to mine.He put his arm around me. 

"Its going to be OK Horace. You wont remember it by morning." He then kissed my fore head. "I love you."

I looked into his eyes "I love you too." Then i fell into a deep dreamless sleep.