Hospital Bills

1 year later

"Joseph, there's something you should know,"

Nash says with a serious expression on his face. We were sitting at the small coffee table we used to eat on and the city was humming far below us with the sounds of sirens in the distance.

We finally had electricity again and but the only light in the studio was beginning to dim which cast a dark shadow on my brother's face, "What's wrong? Is it something with the shop?" I asked instantly dropping my fork.

He shakes his head. "No, nothing is wrong. It is... your hospital bill." He sighs and I begin to get even more concerned.

"What about it? Do I need to contribute more? Is it too much?" I ask and he shakes his head again.

"No. Joseph. I told you nothing is wrong. Your bill stopped coming in about six months ago. I had thought this was a mistake and called the hospital but they said it had been paid off by an anonymous donor. The entire amount. The money you've been giving me to pay for the bill I instead used it and made saving account for you. You've saved enough money to go to college Hermano." He says with a smile but instead of feeling happy like he was I was instead angry.

"Anonymous my ass. It was Peter."