Long Live The Grayons

"You've been awfully quiet love," Peter says while holding my hand as we walk out to the beautiful white stone patio and cross over to a small dirt path leading down to the beach.

"I'm just processing everything and taking it all in is all. It's the very first time I've been able to see where you've grown up and where you live." I try to explain and he squeezes my hand a bit.

"Where I use to live at least." He says and I look at him confused.

"What do you mean by..." My question is interrupted by the sounds of people laughing and talking as we step out onto another stone platform looking over a large private beach.

The large family all stop talking and look over to our way. I can feel all eyes examine me. A gorgeous woman with tan skin and perfect long wavy brown hair comes up to with a man who looked almost identical to Peter but a few years older. The woman gives me a beautiful smile and looks at the man. I was shocked.

"Mom, dad, this is my fiance Joseph. Please find it in your hearts to accept him as part of the family." Peter says and we both bow.

His mother suddenly hugs me until I can barely breathe.

"Why of course. He's so cute and handsome how could we not!" She says and I yelp. Peter pulls me out of her arms.

"Mama! You're going to kill him!" He says jokingly and dusts me off.

Everyone laughs together as one unit and his father shakes my hand. "Welcome to the family Joseph." He says in a deep and meaningful voice which warms my heart.

"Thank you. I've heard so much about you all and it's nice to see you in person." I say with a small smile.

"Aieee, he's so cute! Our very first brother in-law!" A little girl, who I assume is Ava, shouts. Everyone agrees and starts to come up to me and ask me questions.

"So why do you want to marry my complete opposite over here? I'm probably a lot more fun." Pierce winks at me and Peter puts an arm around me protectively and pulls me closer to him on the bench.

We were all sitting around the bonfire on the beach sharing stories and memories. Peter, Pierce, and Parker sit on the same bench and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the identical triplets. "Ah, because I like how he's quiet but intimidating. It makes me feel safe." I say and Pierce rolls his eyes.

"I'm surprised my brother even found a boyfriend considering how much he hates talking." He says. "Well, I'm sorry we can't all be man whores like you." Peter mumbles.

"Three identical baby boys born the exact same day, fifteen minutes apart. Who knew they would all turn out so different. I got a deathly silent one over there and I'm scared he's going to stab me in the back one night, a master of seduction, and one genius who is full of charm and spirit but refused to show it until you came into the picture." Richard Grayson II says as he sits next to me.

Peter was too busy fighting his brothers to notice his father.

"I've never seen him so dedicated to anyone before. He has really come out of his shell this past year." He says and little Soren comes up to him. Richard pats him on the head and signs a few words to him. Soren walks away again.

"I really do hope that you feel welcomed as a part of this family. I know we're large and can be a little crazy at times but I'm really proud of all of them and everything they've accomplished." He says and gets up and walks away before Peter can see him.

What a great man. I can see where Peter gets his charm.