Keeping Company

"What?! You can't just board me on a plane and say 'hey we are going to America by the way' once I get onto the plane

"What?! You can't just board me on a plane and say 'hey we are going to America by the way' once I get onto the plane. What is my brother going to do without me in the shop? I've worked there every day since I was three years old and never took a vacation!" I yell at Peter and he shoves me down into the seat.

"Buckle up, It's going to be a long ride." Is all he says as he sits across from me and picks up a file. The plane starts to move and I look out the window to see the other Grayson Jets take off.

"The flight is going to be fifteen hours," Peter says and I look at him in shock.

"I've never been in a plane before! How do you expect me to stay in one for 15 hours!" I was exhausted just thinking about it.

"Well you'll be with me and we've never been able to spend 12 hours together. I picked the farthest country so I would have the most time to spend with you. I asked Nash about the vacation and he said he would be just fine without you for two weeks." Peter continues.

"Oh, two weeks? I don't even have clothes for a day." He puts the file down and gives me the look to stop asking stupid questions. I lay back and comb my fingers through my hair. Trying to think the stress away.

"Joseph. Stop, you should know by now that I control everything and have everything under my control. Don't worry about it." He says and switches seats to the one next to me. He lifts my chin up to see him eye to eye and kisses me then pulls away.

"I miss the smell of oil, to be honest." He says.

He turns back to his files and I lay my head on his shoulder. "What do you have to go to the United States for?" I ask and he kisses my cheek. "Business things like taking over a company and flipping it to suit our needs which should take two weeks with the American spirit and our resources. And also to take my fiance out on a nice trip for our one year anniversary." He says. "I can't believe it's already been a year," I say and he nods.

"Yeah, it sort of just flew by."

He raises his hand and a flight attendant brings him a leather brief case. After thanking her he takes out a large rectangle of what seems to be just glass then places it on the table.

"I've been taking these trips alone since I was sixteen. It's nice to finally have a companion," He says as he leans over the glass and caresses his jaw.

"Since you were sixteen? How did that work?" I ask and he ruffles his sleek black hair.

"It's mostly because of our parents. Although they were very kind and loving, they were also very strict and gave us responsibilities at a young age. They were very harsh on us at a young age to mature us faster." He says and the glass starts to glow with the word initializing coming up like a hologram.

There were so much power and authority just being in the same room with them.

"So as soon as we could walk and talk he started training us with business terms, then bringing us to the home base company where we slowly learned the ins and outs starting from the bottom at ten years old and working our way up until we were sixteen. Then we became international ambassadors while my father runs things at the base company in Bridgeport." He explains.

"I just find it intriguing that you were trusting with these things at such a young age," I comment and he shakes his head.

"I mean I took a slightly different route. I became a doctor instead. Then decided to take the company as more of a side jo."

The glass glows creating a hologram of a building in America. Peter spins it around a few times. Looking at every little detail from the lawn care to the executive office. While he does this I feel the exhaustion catching up to me from too many surprises at once and fall asleep.