Castle on a Hill

"Ah, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be," Peter said while driving home through the night

"No. Your family is so kind. I can hardly imagine you all as Next Generation." I say and Peter laughs a bit.

"That's the point of secret identities. Clark Kent had glasses. Batman had a cowl. The Graysons have an Image. It's a double life that can be hard to keep up with but we've learned how to manage." Peter says.

We miss the exit to downtown Bridgeport and continue driving to the other half of the island.

"I have a surprise for you," Peter says while he grips my thigh with one hand and drives with the other.

"You know this island better than anyone. I knew you missed that exit on purpose." I say and he sighs.

"When we were Soren's age, our butler and nanny made us run the entire island so we would know the city no matter where we were." He says.

There were so many throughout details that went into raising the Grayson children.

I wondered if I would even be worthy of bringing another Grayson into this world if we have children.

We pull down a quiet street facing the sunset and with the Rolls Royce top down, I could hear the sweet and pleasant sounds of the Pacific ocean. We turn down a private gated driveway. Peter swipes his wrist ID chip and the beautifully wrought iron fence automatically opens.

"Remember how I said earlier that the Grayson Mansion is where I use to live?" He says with a smile and I look at him.

"Yes but..." Is the only words I manage to say before I see it and my breath was taken away.

A beautiful two story, French styled, yellow house stood before us and Peter stops the car and looks at me.

"I couldn't wait any longer." He says and I still couldn't even say a word.

All of the windows were a chipped light blue that gave the house so much character. The second floor had three french doors painted the same color with small steel balconies.

"Okay It's not nearly as big as the Grayson Mansion but I never liked all the space anyway and I figured you would be far too overwhelmed by anything much bigger." Peter says but I was still speechless as I get out of the car and soak it in.

Peter puts his arm around my waist and kisses my cheek. "Oh, and you're brother lives right down the street." He says and I turn to him.

"But Downtown is like forty minutes away from here?" I say and he smirks a little.

"You said your dream was to get your family out of the projects. I bought a small house down the street for your brother so you could have one less worry on your mind and have family nearby." He says so nonchalantly but I burst into tears.

"Ah! What is it? Do you not like it? Is it not homey enough?" Peter freaks out and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Home is wherever you are Peter. And I'm crying because it's so perfect."

I manage to choke out and he holds me close resting his chin on my head.