Sleeping Beauty

It had been a week since the terrorist attacks now known at the fight for Bridgeport

It had been a week since the terrorist attacks now known at the fight for Bridgeport. Enrique had woken up from his coma and was now recovering. He said Peter had saved his life. I didn't care to hear the story. I had sunk to a new low of stress and worry. I slept on that rock hard hospital couch day and night while the city began rebuilding outside the windows.

 I didn't care. I wanted my Peter back.

I was asleep when I received the call. The sun had not yet come through the single hospital window and I felt almost too weak to answer it. The ID said it was from the hospital but I didn't understand why they would call me for Peter's updates when I was right here. The message was loud and blaring as my watch explodes with bright light. "Congratulations!" It reads and I sit up. "Baby A, male, Grayson was born at 6:37 am this morning. You can pick him up at the hospital as soon as you are ready." It reads and for the first time in a week I run from Peter's room.

I arrive at the maternal ward out of breath. It was 6:50 am and I get another call telling me that Baby B, female, Grayson had also just been born. I check in and scan my ID chip to the nurse in a blur and she looks at me surprised. "Joseph Grayson? Um right, this way?...Your next of kin have already arrived and have been watching the twins since they arrived." She says and I open the door to the room she pointed to.

Richard, Pierce, Nash, and a droid were already in the room. I hear the gentle cries of two small babies. My babies. My heart had been so dull and numb these past few days that it was a shock to hear it actually start beating again. 

I slowly walk over to the two bassinets and can finally see them. PJ has a small blue band around his tiny wrist. The droid was here to name the baby and put in their ID chips. Ella had a little pink band and shook her little fist. They were the most beautiful sight I had ever seen in my entire life. 

The droid scans my wrist. "Joseph Gideon Grayson. It is now registered that from this day forward; both you and Peter Pierce Grayson are the biological parents of these two children. What is the name of baby A?" It asks and I look at my baby boy. He looks at me too with the lightest gray eyes with a tuft of black hair to match just like his father. He closes his eyes again and I touch his little head for the very first time. "His name is Peter James Richard Grayson with a suffix of Jr," I say and the droid nods. Using a paper thin needle it inserts the chip with his full name and ID into PJ's Arm. He barely even stirs. 

The droid moves over to the next bassinet which held my baby girl, Ella. Her eyes stay closed until I use my pointer finger to gently touch her fresh skin, still wet from birth, and she opens them to see me for the first time with light green eyes identical to my own. They are beautiful. They're healthy. And that's all I could ask for. But I was here alone. I start to choke up.

 "What is the name of baby B?" The droid asks and I grip the side of the bassinet. Using all my strength to say the name Peter gave her. "Her name is...Elucillana...Unmei...Grayson." At the words, I feel my throat go dry and the pain takes over. The meaning behind both of their names. I fall to the ground clenching my heart and crying. The droid leaves and my family tries to help me up but I push them all away. "No...he promised...he..." I look down at my hands. My wedding ring glimmers a little and an anger rises up in me. One I had never felt before as I run from the room screaming his name.

I run into Peter's hospital room and lock the door behind me. His family was banging on the door now after me trying to calm me down but it didn't work. "You! You promised me! The day has come and you made a vow! You said you would be here for PJ and Ella! I can't do this without you!" I scream and it felt so good. Peter still doesn't move. "I vowed that you would never be alone but I deserve the same respect! You can't do this to me, Peter! You ... you ... promised." I start to break down again and lay on the bed with my head on his chest. "I love you." I choke out and feel my rasped breath. 

I was going to die. I would die of a broken heart right here right now. 

I hear a loud cough

 "You're...so...loud...it's...obnoxious..."

To be Continued in JP PT 2!!!!!! 
NOW COMPLETED AND ON MY WATTPAD