Next Generation

I woke up to the sounds of footsteps and I open my eyes to see a tall man dressed in black standing in our hotel bedroom. I was frozen with fear.

Was he one of the guards? How did he get in?

The man reaches back and pulls out a gun from his waistband, pointing it at my head. He pulls the slide and I hear the click from the bullet locking into place.

My life flashing before my eyes as I hear the gunshot and squeeze my eyes shut. A bright light pierces my eyelids and a pause.

I felt my heart stop.

So I guess it's finally my time to die.

But I open my eyes again and sit up. Checking myself, realizing I was ok and still alive.

I breathe out a sigh of relief until I see at Peter.

He's sitting up next to me with his back straight and his own gun pointed to where the man was once standing.

Peter doesn't look at me as he puts the gun down on the nightstand and gets up, walking over to the body. He examines it for a moment before taking a knife out of his watch and stabbing the forehead of the human like figure. There was no blood. He scans it with his screen watch and looks at something. Finally, he turns to me.

"I told you I would protect you." He says and I hold my head in my hands. This had to be some sort of dream.

"I'm so confused by everything Peter." I shake my head and I can hear him walk closer.

"You haven't guessed by now because you're either that naive or in denial, or maybe I'm just that good at hiding it," he says and I look up at him. He has a strange smirk that I haven't seen before. He crosses his arms and takes in a deep breath.

"Joseph. I am...well the entire Grayson family is Next Generation."

The words feel like I just got hit with a brick. I still say nothing and feel my mouth drop.

"Do you not believe me?"

he asks and in the blink of an eye, his clothes morph into the Next Generation uniform. The black hooded cape floating behind him and the star shaped symbol of Next Generation glowing in red across his chest symbolizing the Bravo division.

His gray eyes peer at me from behind a black mask holding the same symbol that only went up to his nose.

My future husband is a Grayson and also a member of Next Generation.

"Do you think..."

He comes closer to me and leans against the bed with one hand caressing my cheek.

"You can handle that?" He asks.

This hooded figure in front of me absolutely terrifying but had saved our island countless times. Every scar on his body was a battle scar from a fight to protect the lives of our people.

He morphed again and the suit is gone. He's back to being the Peter I know and love. There was a spark of fear in his expression. Scared his secret would be too much. I stand on the bed and for the first time I feel taller than him and I hold his head. Pressing my forehead against his.

"Peter. I love you. NG or not. Grayson or not. I love you. And I always will. I am forever yours. Our hearts are intertwined as one and you will never be lonely again. I love you." I say with tears rimming my eyes.

Shocked he stands there motionless and puts his head down. Breathing out a sigh of relief.

"I never want to lose you, Joseph. You are forever mine and no one else's."

He says and I just hold him close.

11/26 *Keep an eye out for my next book, my youth, which will cover this part of the Grayson' s life 😉

Also side note. I found these drawings I did when I was younger of the OG Peter Grayson And NG symbol with costume

 I found these drawings I did when I was younger of the OG Peter Grayson And NG symbol with costume