The Grayson Mansion

We continue up the road and turn a corner when it finally appears in my line of sight

We continue up the road and turn a corner when it finally appears in my line of sight. My mouth drops at the sight of the Grayson Mansion. Everyone could see it from afar but no one ever came this close.

It was the biggest house I had ever seen.

With giant marble statement pillars in the front and a gravel driveway. Peter goes through to the side though and the width of the mansion was extraordinary. Definitely a house that could fit twelve people. A hidden garage door made to look like a wall opens and Peter drives inside through a passageway that led to a giant garage full of beautiful darling hover cars, nitro-cycles, and battle vehicles. He parks the bike and I hop off, immediately taking off my helmet.

"Peter! This is three times bigger than the garage!" I say with excitement and he gets off his bike with a coolness to him that calms me down.

"You're so cute when you're excited," he says and I can't help but smile at him.

"I would show you around but the family is very excited to meet you..." He looks around and drifts off into his own thought. He smiles and looks at one of the nice cars.

He walks towards it then looks underneath the car and drags out a small boy dressed in a white collared shirt and navy shorts. He had wavy orange hair and bright violet eyes.

"So you can be first,"

Peter says as he picks the boy up by the back of his shirt.

"This is my youngest brother Soren. He's mute but don't let that fool you." Peter says and his brother talks in fast sign language. Peter puts him down and the sign back and forth for a little bit. Then Soren turns to me while pouting and gives a little wave. I wave back.

"He says our family is on the beach and waiting for us to join them. But before that, I want to show you something." He says and Sorens shoves him.

The little boy runs from the garage and Peter comes back to me, putting an arm around my waist.

We walk out of the garage and into the main house where a grand master ballroom is elegantly decorated and everything is glittering in guided gold. A grand staircase leads from the ballroom. And up to the balcony where there were so many doors, I couldn't count. "Well this is actually our dining room but we never use it. Mama always likes us to be closer so we use a smaller table." He says and I sigh.

Everything was so big and grand. We walk up the staircase to the balcony and down a long hallway. A sign says 'south wing' and we continue walking. The hall was brightly from the sun coming in through the windows.

"And this is my room,"

Peter says as we stop at a set of solid cherry wood doors that stand as tall as two floors

Peter says as we stop at a set of solid cherry wood doors that stand as tall as two floors. He opens both doors and we take a step in.

I had always pictured his room to be something simple and small like mine, but nothing like this.

It was a library. The walls were covered from floor to ceiling with shelves full of research books and holograms separated by color and in alphabetical order.

I find myself turning in one large circle. There was a circular bed in the center freshly made but with books surrounding it from late nights of reading and researching. He holds my hand as he pulls me to a wooden ladder on the other wall and we crawl up. It leads to a small balcony in the library.

a wall of floor to ceiling windows lets in so much natural sunlight it warms me.

"And this is my laboratory." He says as he opens another set of double doors.

Inventions of all different shapes and sizes filled the large laboratory like room. "I can't even begin to tell you how many fires I started in this lab and how many times I almost blew up the house." He says.

There are welding machines, sheet metal, gears, and blueprints scattered across the numerous floating desks.

But there was one desk that drew my eye. It was clean and simple with a few notebooks and two picture frames. In one it had him and his twin brother Pierce when they were kids on a mountain somewhere.

The other was a gay couple at the annual ball, kissing in the middle of the main ballroom with everyone watching.

I pick up the frame and press my hand to the glass. Remembering that beautiful night. Peter comes from behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"That was the best night of my life." He says and I put the frame down.

"I wonder why. I was just a dusty boy from downtown." I comment and he kisses my cheek. "Because it was the night I met my Cinderella."