Miles High

I'm startled awake by the sound of Peter's voice. But instead of waking up I continue to keep my eyes closed to listen to his conversation.

"I don't want to put Joseph in harm's way. I was hesitant to bring him on this trip anyway...no he thinks it's only business related... Of course, I will be on the lookout...Yes, if I have to father I will."

He stops talking and a turbulence shakes the plane startling me to sit up.

"Haha, has my Cinderella turned into a sleeping beauty?" Peter says and I look over.

He was standing over me with a smaller glass tablet. He had changed out of his suit to a red t-shirt and soft shorts but even in such casual clothing, he was still naturally attractive.

I lean over and rub my eyes, feeling my face get hot. I realize I'm not in a seat anymore but a large bed in a different part of the plane. Peter comes next to me and whispers in my ear,

"Why do you hide? I like it when you blush, It makes me feel less self-conscience."

He kisses my cheek and I turn to face him. "How long have I been asleep for?" I ask to change the subject in an attempt to make my heart stop racing.

"Umm...like five hours or so. We still have ten hours to go before we land." He says and lays back.

"Do you even sleep?" was my next question as I rub the bridge of my nose. I was more refreshed than when I got on this flight until I look down and realize my clothes were different and turn to him in anger.

"Yeah, but I'm a very light sleeper so I don't get much. You on the other hand..." he laughs and I shove him playfully.

"You are the heaviest sleeper I have ever seen. I picked you up, showered you with kisses, and moved you to the bed. Then changed you out of that tight suit and you didn't wake up once." he says and I hit him with a pillow.

"How dare you! I feel violated!" I yell and attack him, pinning him down to the bed.

"You should." He winks and I put my hands around his neck in a fake choke hold as he continues laughing.

Then I feel lifted in the air and in a blink of an eye I'm on my back and he's the one on top. He smirks and I struggle to get free.

"Joseph,"

he says in a serious tone and I stop struggling while looking into those light gray eyes.

"You know I will always protect you right? Until death separates us, I will always protect you. You will want for nothing. You will struggle for nothing because I will take care of you from now on."

He vows and I freeze in place.

"Peter,"

He stays on top of me, sitting on my waist with his chest slightly pressing against mine but holding himself up millimeters above me. His beautiful light gray eyes peer into my soul. He has me pinned with his hands intertwined with mine and I can't help but blush as I put on a serious face and continue,

"You will never be lonely as long as I am here and I will always be by your side."

Peter's smile when I said this was one I would never forget and he caresses both of my cheeks in his hand and kisses me deeply, finally letting go of my hands and I bring them up and around his neck. He was such an amazing kisser as his lips fit perfectly against mine.

I felt like every kiss we shared broke down his walls little by little.

The flight attendant knocks on the door as I lace up my new light brown leather dress shoes. Today was a more casual occasion and I was able to wear a nice pair of jeans. Peter gets out of the shower with one towel around his waist and another drying his hair. The flight attendant walks in and instantly looks at the ground.

"Ah, sir, Grayson, Walsh, Sir." She says nervously. "We...we will be landing in California shortly." She says and quickly leaves the room.

"Hmm...I wonder why she ran so fast?" He sighs and I finish lacing my shoe and turn to look at him.

"Some women are uncomfortable seeing a half naked man in the room," I comment and he puts on a shirt.

"Have you ever been with a woman?" He asks while putting on pants and I lean back into the chair. "No way. I never even thought about it." I say while thinking back. I've always been into guys.

"I have. They're ridiculously scary." He says and sits on the arm of my chair.

I relax while looking out the window. "So this is the great America," I say as more of a rhetorical thing but Peter looks out the window.

"Yes, this is the Western border known as California."

He explains. He turns to the flight attendant and asks her a question in a language I knew was English but didn't understand.

Our local language was Aloha which was a dialect of Pacific Islander. He then turns to me.

"I was just asking if the main language changed since my last visit three years ago. My parents spoiled us with were private language tutors so we can all speak at least five languages but I speak seven. Spanish, English, Celtic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Alohowa" He explains and I relax.

"Wow, I can now read your mind and answer your questions before you even ask them now!" He exclaims and I can't help but laugh at his excitability.

He takes so much joy from all the small things.