Chapter 22

Mark woke up to see Jack sitting in a chair next to him playing on his phone. He looked up, and smiled when he saw mark awake. He practically jumped out of his seat to go hug him. Mark hugged him back softly, not having very much muscle strength.
  "I love you." Jack whispered softly.
  "I love you too." Mark said back.
There was a minute of silence where the two just hugged each other. Jack let go of mark, and sat back down.
  "So," Mark asked "what happened?"
Jack told mark about what happened.
  "The nurse said you were lucky." He said. "If you waited just a few seconds to move out of the way, you could've been extremely hurt or died even." Jack curled up into a ball and put his head on his knees.
  "It's my fault." He said with a shaking voice.
  "How could it be your fault?" Mark almost yelled. "You weren't the drunk guy in the car. You couldn't have prevented that."
  Jack buried his head further.
  "If I wasn't so close to you, you would've been able to run."
  "If I could run, I still would've tried to save you." Mark argued.
  "More proof that this is my fault!" Jack raised his voice. "If I wasn't there, this wouldn't have happened!" Mark reached out and grabbed Jack's shoulder. He winced a bit at his still aching leg, but still pulled Jack towards him. He wrapped his arms around him.
  "Stop it. None of this is your fault. I would rather lose a leg than have you hurt. As long as your okay, I won't feel the pain. If you're okay, then I'm fine." A warm tear flowed down Jack's cheek.
  "I love you Sean."
  Jack wrapped his arms around mark.
  "I love you too."