Twenty- Three

This Chapter Is Dedicated To My Best Friend :) @AlexandraButler <3

The Next Day Aaliyah Had called Kidada and told her what was going on with Elgin and she couldn't believe it.

Aaliyah shook her head and said I know he's such an asshole and Gloria said she'll help and watch Gia for while but I don't want to keep putting that responsibility on her she's Gia's grandmother yes but still shes my child I should be watching her more often than I do.

Kidada agreed but replied and said at the end of the day your an amazing mother Li, You've done a phenomenal job with Gia thus far and you're doing all you can and you are doing great.

Thank you, Kid, I needed that she said smiling leaning over her shoulder.

-------------------

You're welcome, girl, she said. Hold on girl Dame is texting me again she huffed and slowly unlocked her message to but thought to herself and before she said it Kidada said it

Girl Your going to stop our heart to heart convo with him then your ass must be sprung.

No, I'm not, Just wanted to see nevermind.. she said putting her phone back in her purse.

What? so are you guys cool now or what? Kid asked.

What do you mean? Aaliyah replied rolling her eyes a bit

You know what I mean, are ya'll going to get back together.

No, He was texting me about the wedding.

  I know you don't think he's going to marry that girl? Kidada said.

He is, he's already asked for the girls to be in the wedding as the flower girls. Aaliyah stated.

Wow, so you not going to - nevermind Kidada said side eyeing her.

Kidada No! I'm leaving that alone Aaliyah said with more seriousness

Fine! Kidada said grabbing her things, I'll call you when I get in.

Aaliyah sat back and thought about what kid was saying but brushed it off when Elgin Texted her the details about the court date This Motherfucker she thought. she ignored the call and finished up in the studio. 

----

Later that Evening her phone rang and surprisingly it was her brother. 

Hi, Rashad, Aaliyah said

Hey, Babygirl he Replied. 

Is everything okay? 

Yeah, everyone except dad

Whats going on is he okay? 

He's In the Hospital, he has kidney Failure and It isn't looking so good, mom tried to call you but she said you blocked her number. He explained. 

Aaliyah quickly took in in all the information, and asked what hospital is he in? 

St. Maries. His room number is 204. 

Okay thanks, I'll see him tomorrow. 

Okay, sis Love you. 

Love you too. 

--------

Aaliyah couldn't believe it he did so much for her as a child and thinking about him dying wasn't something she'd thought about, she quickly grabbed some things and threw them in a suitcase, and headed back home to Detroit, MI. On the flight thinking about how short life really is she decided to call her mother, and they would have a talk later that afternoon.