Eighteen

(Present day)

A few weeks later Aaliyah woke up with a slight headache but since the Kids were gone, Aaliyah had a lot of time to think on things, Aaliyah went to the studio and decided to work on a few things when she had gotten a text from her mother.

Aaliyah looked down and mumbled shit hold on I need to step out really quick.

walking out the studio she called her mother back and said what is it I'm busy? she said in a very annoyed tone.

I'm at your house right now I wanted to talk to you it's very important. Diane stated.

Why would you just show up at my house, you know what, whatever I'll be there in 15. and with that, she hung up and walked back into the studio. Hey, Tim, I'll be back later tonight to finish it up.

Aaliyah drove to her condo pissed, Not because her mother just showed up out of know where but she didn't feel like talking about what happened again.

When Aaliyah pulled up Diane was waiting in her Car and got out to give Aaliyah a hug. Aaliyah lightly hugged her back and opened her front door,

Diane sat on the couch and shook her head, I'm sorry this is short notice, but you're Uncle is Sick he's dying.

Aaliyah coughed and said hmm, and you want to me to give money or something.

Just forgive him Aaliyah Please, just for yourself and Damon.

What does Dame have to do with this? Aaliyah asked with a scrunched up facial expression.

I know you divorced him because you didn't want to tell him but you can't keep running from this Aaliyah you have to face it and just tell him.

Why all of a sudden this concerns you, you never cared anyway, now all of a sudden he's sick and you want me to talk to him, please. Aaliyah said walking back into the kitchen.

Babygirl, Listen, Rashad was wrong I was wrong, Okay we should've listened when you told us but we didn't and I'm sorry for blaming the situation as your fault.

So are you also sorry for lying on Robert? Aaliyah raised an eyebrow

Diane shook her head and said That I'm not sorry for he was older than you, he knew better.

No, he was someone I could Confide in, Aaliyah voice began to crack and said I loved him with every breath inside of my body! you know that.

Aaliyah! are you kidding me! you were too young the stress between you and your father I couldn't deal with it! she yelled back.

Aaliyah sat at the kitchen table and put her hair through her hair in frustration and said I should've done it, I should have kept it to hell with what you or Rashad or even Barry could've said.

Aaliyah! Listen to yourself you sound Crazy, you were a teenager if Gia god forbid ever did something like that you would go insane. Diane stated and your father and I were trying to protect you!

BullShit! protect me from what? because when It came to Rob it was a problem, so what I said it consensual and it was he didn't want to but I did. but your brother that was pure rape and you know, Aaliyah said getting angry all over again.

Aaliyah I don't know what you want me to say, Besides I'm sorry I wasn't there for you like a should've been as

mother toward you Aaliyah.

Aaliyah began to cry, not just from their conversation but from everything she felt she needed a really good cry, she eventually stopped crying and hugged her mother and told she forgave her.

You need to talk to him. Diane said while holding her.

Aaliyah looked up and sniffled and said I'll go today to get it over with.

That's my girl Diane said and kissed her forehead.

--------------

Later that evening, Aaliyah pulled up to the Hospital. and parked. thankfully nobody had noticed her for a past few months. she checked in. and got a visitor pass.

Mr. Hankerson is On the second floor two the left. in room 304, the nurse informed.

Okay, thank you as Aaliyah walked down the hall. she said a light prayer to herself before lightly tapping on the door.

Hey, Uncle.. she said lightly.

Hey, baby girl. he said dryly. 

Umm...Mom and Me talked out a lot of things and she wanted me to come through and personally forgive you. 

I'm listening. He said 

The whole situation was a mess and I feel like it's been bounced around between so many people with their versions of whatever they thought happened that night. 

Aaliyah-

No, Let me finish, Sleeping with him I agreed, but not with you, she said cringing. she couldn't believe that actually came out of her mouth. she contuinted, Things in my life haven't been right because of you and as much as your to blame I've allowed to over come alot of my relationships resulting in my divorce, and I'm tired of running away from it all. 

So I Aaliyah haughton truly forgive you for everything you put me through, It will no have effect on my life ever again. and with that she left. 

-------

When Aaliyah got into the Car she shot a text to her mother and a Text to Damon, Ginuwine, If they could come over and they can talk together. Aaliyah rolled passed Kidada's house and chilled with her before heading home, with no drama for once just peacefulness.