Thirty

The following morning Damon decided to make everyone breakfast. And Aaliyah was taken back and said don't you have a flight in a hour.

Yeah but I wanted to cook so here you go passing her a plate.

Hmm Thanks. She said sitting at the table it was one of those rare morning were the girls weren't up running around.

Can you pass me the glass of orange juice please Aaliyah asked.

Aaliyah was really concerned and confused one why was he even here when he woke up and two hours never made breakfast? Aaliyah was taken back by the calm demeanor as well.

She decided not to comment and just try to observe.

They ate in awkward silence until Gia came in the handed Aaliyah her phone.

Hey, Yeah thanks for Taking the girls this weekend Mrs G.

No I haven't spoken nor seen Shawn in months ?!?

I'll be sure to check it out ! Yeah I will love you too. 

As she hanged up the phone, Dame got up and took the plates to do the dishes, So I'm guessing Jay is MIA again?

Uh Yeah he's on business I guess. Aaliyah said turning around.

Umm must be up to some shit he stated.

Aaliyah raised her brow and turned and walked away to ignore his little side comment.

Don't you have a plane to catch? She said folding her arms.

Yeah it's not until a hour from now.

Well I need to run to the studio and go by the record company for a quick meeting, and I'm not letting you stay up on my place so, you gotta go.

Damn ! Alright lemme get my keys, Dame left and went to the studio in mid town. And awhile approaching he saw Rachel, he was surprised to see her in New York,

Hey dame

Hey, wassup

Nothing just waiting for Shawn she said holding Talulah who was sleeping

Shawn as in Jay-z or Sean and in Puffy! He said confused.

I'm back with jay.

Wow, Okay.

We're engaged now

Engaged TF is that! dame said trying not to yell.

Listen, You are doing you let me live, He and Bey are over now get over it.

she said walking away as jay was coming out of the store.

Dame began fuming a bit but cooled out because paparazzi was around and he didn't want to cause a scene nor awake his daughter out her sleep.

Jay gave me a slight head nod, and Damon shook his head and walked away.

he ended up walking toward a flower shop and decided to get Aaliyah some roses, realizing he could've done simple things like this years ago and maybe It would've saved their marriage.

White and Red, please. he said handing the women the money. and walked out of the shop, down to the Jamaican place were Aaliyah used to go all the time, he wondered if she still liked their spicy jerk chicken.

So he brought her food and extra jerk sauce and coco bread.

awhile doing so Aaliyah texted him and said that she was caught up in the meeting and wouldn't be home till 7, so she was wouldn't be able to say bye in person, dame smirked and replied okay and decided to get a card as well.

Finally, he arrived back at Aaliyah's place and sat the card, food, and roses on the table awhile packing his things he noticed her old engagement ring, needed some much-needed cleaning so he asked one of his homeboy's name john-john to hook it up.

when the ring came back he left in the same place it was and left.

Aaliyah walked toward her apartment door and thought to herself he really didn't have to cook, as she opened the door she yelled his name and Gia said Mommy look dame brought you flowers! just like Daddy brought me! she said excitedly.

Look, mommy, a card! Read it Read it! she said jumping around. Gia said.

Okay, I will go to your room. Aaliyah blushed at the card and slightly laughed to herself as he quoted the lyrics from babyface & Toni Braxton.

Dear Aaliyah, There's so much I wanna to tell you

I really need to forget

Even though we're not together

Girl, I'll miss you

Cause I'll always love you

Forever thinking of you,

And I'll always want you

Although we're apart

You still own my heart

Forever.

Love Damon.

Aaliyah texted him to tell her to thank you, that was really sweet what he did she couldn't believe he did that for her.

Gia! come on Gloria's waiting for you outside. Do you have all of your things?

Yes, mom! she said grabbing her Disney frozen backpack.

GG, where did you get that dress from? Aaliyah asked walking her down the hallway.

It was on my bed, Damon must've brought me stuff too. she said.

Hm, Okay, I'll see you on Sunday baby girl.

Bye, mommy, she said giving her a hug and a kiss.

Bye babe.

Aaliyah walked into the house and turned on some music took a nice long bath, decided to go through some noted for the follow-up meeting and as she walked into her bedroom she noticed something different, but she couldn't tell what it was. she looked to the side of her dresser and realized her ring was cleaned.

she picked it up and put it back on and it fit perfectly. wow, she said to herself whoever cleaned it did a hell of a great job.

Aaliyah's phone went off and the text said Open the door.

Aaliyah walked toward the opened the door opened it Damon was down on one knee.

Aaliyah stood there in shock and he asked those famous words. Will you marry me again?

Aaliyah began blushing and said Yes.

------

The End. 

Hope everyone enjoyed I know it was a longg time coming. 

Outakes are coming soon. 

Make sure to vote for this and the first book.