2 - Hiding Something

Hitomi's POV

"Huh?! Genos, what is she doing here?!" Saitama shouted. "What? Are you annoyed at the fact I come here all the time?" I asked. "No, I'm just annoyed that you show up without informing first!" He said. "But what is she doing here?"

"Hitomi told me her class ended and asked me to come pick her up." Genos explained. "Huh? But her class isn't supposed to end for another two hours." Saitama said, looking at his watch. "Yeah, I decided to leave early." I said. 

"Wait, are you saying you skipped?"

"Basically, yeah." 

"My apologies, Master. It seems I've been fooled." Genos said. "But you've only been at the Leaf Village for three hours, and you were two hours late to that academy." Saitama said.

"True, and the only reason I was late to that academy was because I was hanging out with Mumen Rider during those two hours." I confirmed. "So... You were only at the Leaf Village for an hour in total." Genos analyzed. 

"Uh-huh." I said, nodding my head. "But weren't you the one who said you wanted a change of pace? What was the point of even going to that village if you weren't gonna stay there that long?" Saitama asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah, I was the one who said that," I confirmed. "But that Leaf Village was nothing I was expecting. There's no arcade, no cellphone service, and absolutely no type of excitement whatsoever." 

"What do you mean?" Genos asked. "I mean, there aren't any monsters who want to fight or try and challenge me, and you know how much I like a challenge." I said. 

"Must be some tragedy." Saitama mumbled. I frowned at him before smirking. "Hey, Saitama. Are you growing some hair?" I asked. "What?! Really?! Is my hair coming back after so long?!" He asked, excitedly. 

"Oops. Never mind. I think it was just my imagination." I teased. "You're so evil!" Saitama yelled. "Careful, Saitama. Constant anger is a cause of early hair loss." I informed. His face went red with ager, making me giggle.

"Oh, come on, Saitama! I was just kidding! Don't be mad!" I said, trying to sound cute as I hugged his neck. 

"Cute." Genos said as he stared at us. "Get that look off your face, Genos." Saitama said with sweat drop. Saitama had me break the hug and held me under my arms. "Since you're back early, why don't you go home?" Saitama asked. 

"Can I have lunch first? I'm starving. See? Look how skinny I am." I said, childishly poking my stomach. "What's wrong with how you look? Are you trying to make yourself look fat?" Genos asked. "I don't think I would take it that far, Genos. I'm just very hungry right now." I said, bluntly.

"Is this an excuse for saying you don't wanna head home just yet?" Saitama asked, eyeing me suspiciously. Before I could answer, my stomach growled. "Does that answer your question?" I asked with a deadpan expression. 

As a result of that, Saitama, Genos, and I went out to a restaurant to have lunch. Saitama ordered pizza, Genos ordered noodles, and I ordered a burger with a side of fries. I hungrily ate my burger as I drank the orange juice Saitama ordered for me.

"You sure are hungry, aren't you, Hitomi? When was the last time you've eaten?" Saitama asked. "Last night. I missed breakfast this morning." I explained. "Probably due to you playing videogames." Genos pointed out.

"Shut up," I said with food stuffed in my mouth. "Hey, Saitama. Can I spend the night at your place again?"

"Yeah, it's fine with me... even though it's been the 18th time this month." He said as I smiled at him. "It's not my fault your house is so cozy." I objected.

"Hitomi, I can't help but notice that you've been spending time at Master's home than you do at your own home. Is there a specific reason, if you don't mind me asking?" Genos asked. I froze when I went to take a sip of my orange juice.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said. "Your mother must be worried about you. Don't you think you should at least give her a call to at least let her know where you are and that you're okay?" He asked. 

"I said, I don't wanna talk about it!" I snapped. "Let her be, Genos. If she doesn't wanna talk about it, then she doesn't wanna talk about it." Saitama said, taking a bite out of his pizza. "Agreed, so let's just drop the whole topic." I said, and went back to eating. 

Genos' POV

"Hmm..." I narrowed my eyes at Hitomi as she ate. I decided to analyze her, reading her signs. She's feeling stressed, apprehensive, and defensive. But at the same time, she's calm and happy. That's a weird combination of signs.

Hitomi took a bite of her hamburger as her sleeve slid back, revealing some sort of bruise. "Hitomi, is that a bruise?" I asked. Hitomi looked at me, then quickly hid the mysterious mark with her sleeve. "What happened? Have you gotten it checked out?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I just had a small accident. Nothing serious." Hitomi said before going back to eating her burger. She sounded like she didn't want to talk about it.

No doubt, Hitomi is definitely hiding something. "Hey, Genos," I looked at Saitama as he spoke. "Aren't you gonna eat? Your noodles are gonna get cold." He mentioned. "Oh. Sorry." I said, and began eating my food. 

Hitomi's POV

"Aah... That was delicious," I said as I was finished with my food. "Hey, could I have some dessert?"

"I'm pretty sure there's no dessert after lunch. That comes after dinner." Genos said. "Darn it, I think I left my snacks at that Leaf Village. Saitama, could you come with me for when I go back to get them?" I asked. 

"I'll be busy tomorrow, so you're gonna have to get Mumen Rider to take you." He said. "Fine, I'll ask him," I looked out the window when I saw that it was still pretty early. "Let's go to the arcade and win some prizes." I said. 

"No way." Saitama said rather bluntly and quickly. "Oh, come on. You might win some coupons." I said, trying to bait him. My method worked as Saitama quickly paid the check. "Let's go before they're gone!" He said, sprinting out of the shop. 

"Wait up, Master!" Genos called, running after him. "Yeah, wait up!" I said, following after them.