34 - Friends, Family, & A Cute Lover {Finale}

Amai Mask's POV

I watched TV as Hitomi slept soundly beside me. It's been thirty minutes since she fell asleep. Everything that's happened to her today is definitely because of Marika, no doubt. I hope it doesn't last too long. It's not healthy for Hitomi.

After ten minutes passed, my doorbell rang. I gently took Hitomi's head off my lap and placed it on the couch before going to answer the door. When I opened it, I was greeted by a boy who almost around Hitomi's age and smelled like a dog.

"Can I help you?" I asked. "Yeah, um... Does Hitomi Ninamotoe live here?" He asked.

"Who's asking?"

"My name's Kiba. Kiba Inuzuka. I'm a friend of hers."

'Ah, so this is the boy Hitomi was with last night. Not what I was expecting.' I thought, amused. "So, uh... Is she here?" The boy asked, uncomfortably. I could tell he was nervous talking to me since I was staring at him so intently. "Maybe. How'd you find my house?" I asked.

"I asked around the neighborhood. So, you're Amai Mask, huh? It looks like you're pretty popular around here." He mentioned. "Yeah," I replied. "Hitomi's sleeping right now."

"Oh, okay. I'll just come back another time." Kiba said as he turned to walk away. "Hey, hold on a second. I wanna talk to you." I said, stopping him. I closed the door and sat on the stoop before gesturing him to come sit with me. 

"How long have you known Hitomi?" I asked. "A few months now." He answered.

"Do you like her?"

"Yeah, I do."

"How'd you guys meet?"

"In the Leaf Village."

"The Leaf Village, huh? That's that village filled with ninjas, right?"

"Yeah. Kind of."

"Pretty sweet of you to come all the way here just to see how she's doing."

"Thanks."

I ran a hand through my hair, then looked at Kiba. "Do you truly love her?" I asked. "H-Huh? What?" He asked, looking at me with a deep blush. "Do you truly love her? Hitomi. She said, you two kissed yesterday, and she added that you confessed to her as well." I mentioned.

"Oh." Kiba replied, slightly embarrassed. "Is it true?" I asked. "Of course it is! I love Hitomi!" He insisted. "Don't speak so loud or you'll wake Hitomi." I said. "Sorry." Kiba apologized. 

"Kiba, a little word of advice: if you truly love Hitomi, then you better not hurt her." 

"I would never hurt her. I swear it."

"Good. Because if I find out you did... well, let's just say you and I will not get along well."

"I understand."

"Good boy,"

I ruffled his hair before standing to my feet. "Anyway, I'll tell Hitomi you stopped by." I said. "Thanks." Kiba got up, then left while I went back inside the house. I went back to the position I was previously in with Hitomi's head in my lap, then went back to watching TV. 

Hitomi's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked towards the TV as it was turned on. I shifted slightly and heard a voice say, "Up already?"

I turned my head so I was looking at the ceiling and saw Amai Mask smiling at me. "How long was I asleep for?" I asked. "For quite awhile. Did you enjoy your nap?" He asked. I nodded my head and sat up while rubbing my eyes.