27 - She Thought She Got Away

It was the day after we went to the resort and Genos and Saitama went to the store to pick up some stuff for dinner. After they left, I went to Saitama's balcony and watered his plants. "Zombieman asked me to meet him in the park, but in which city?" I mumbled to myself. 

Then again, does it really matter? When I was done watering the plants, I walked to the park. I kept looking around, making sure not to run into my mother. Because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, I bumped into someone. 

"Be careful there, little girl. You could've gotten yourself hurt." 

I looked at the person I bumped into. 'A Class Hero, Amai Mask. Wonder what he's doing here?' I thought. "I'm sorry." I apologized. "That's alright." He smiled. "I guess I should've paid attention to where I was walking." I said, scratching the back of my head sheepishly. 

"Hey, what happened to your wrist?" Amai Mask asked. When I scratched the back of my head, my sleeve slipped back and revealed the bruise on my wrist. "It's nothing." I said, quickly as I pulled my sleeve back over my wrist. 

"Here, let me see," Amai Mask kneeled down to my height and took my wrist in his hand. "That's a nasty bruise. Have you gotten that checked out?" He asked, examining the bruise. "I... uh..." I struggled to find my words as I looked down at the ground. 

'What do I do? What should I say?' I thought, nervously. "I'm on my way to a meeting. If you want I can drop you off at the hospital." Amai Mask offered. "No, that's okay!" I said, taking my wrist out of his hold. "I appreciate the offer, but I really need to be going." 

I quickly ran off, but I didn't get far as I bumped into someone else. "There you are, my angel. I've been looking everywhere for you." 

My eyes widened and my blood ran cold as I knew exactly whose voice that was. I slowly lifted my head to be faced with my mother. She calmly smiling at me, but her eyes told me I was in so much trouble.

My heart was pounding against my chest so hard, I was starting to feel dizzy. And the only thing that kept repeating itself in my head was, "I'm dead."

Oh, I'm a total dead man.

"Time to come home, Hitomi." Mom said, wrapping her arms around me in a hug. "No!" I yelled. I instinctively shoved her away and tried to make a run for it, but Mom grabbed my wrist and yanked me back towards her. 

"How dare you!" Mom yelled before smacking both of my cheeks. "Trying to run from your mother, Hitomi?! Letting you run off has made you even more of a delinquent than before! I won't make that mistake again!" 

She grabbed my hair and began dragging me towards. I hissed in pain as I grabbed onto her wrist with both hands, my eyes closed tightly. "Mom, please stop! It hurts!" I yelled with tears in my eyes.

"Oh, that hurts?! Well, it hurt me when I learned my daughter grew up to be a good-for-nothing delinquent!" Mom yelled back. 

I'm screwed! I'm so screwed! Someone... please help me!

Zombieman's POV

I waited for Hitomi at the park, but the later it got, the more convinced I was that she wasn't gonna show. But I didn't want to believe it. "Dammit, Hitomi. Where are you?" I mumbled. I dialed Genos' number and called him. 

"Yes?" Genos answered. "Hey, Genos. Is Hitomi with you?" I asked. 

"No."

"Strange."

"What is?"

"Well, while we were at the retreat, I asked Hitomi if she could meet me at the park today to help her out of her abusive situation."