33 - Traumatizing Flashbacks AND Hallucinations? Talk About One Hell of a Day

"So, that's why you came home late last night. You were making out with Kiba." Amai Mask teased. "Can we stop talking about this please?" I asked. He chuckled and set a plate of breakfast food in front of me. "Young love is so beautiful." He said. 

"Shut up." I replied, embarrassed. I was finally out of that stupid arm cast, but my left eye, head, and neck were still bandaged. On the bright side, my eye was healing up a bit. But it still looked like I got the crap beaten out of me... which I did, so who am I kidding?

I began to eat and my eyes lit up like stars. "This is delicious, Amai Mask. You cooked this yourself?" I asked. "That's right. Do you like it?" Amai Mask asked. "Like it? I love it!" I said. "I'm glad," He smiled.

"Anyway, because I have the day off today, I was thinking you and I could go to the park. What do you say?" He offered. "Just the two of us?" I asked. "Just the two of us." He confirmed. 

"That sounds a bit creepy. And awkward." 

"How so? I just wanna get to know you."

"Don't think I've forgotten what you did."

"What did I do?"

"You adopted me without my consent."

"I just wanna keep you safe, Hitomi."

"You sound like my Mom,"

I paused when I said that before looking down at my plate. "Excuse me," I stood from the table before going to sit down on the couch. "Why did I say that? Now I can't stop thinking about her." I whispered, referring to Mom. 

I sighed while bending over and rested my elbows on my legs as my hands held my face. I gasped when I was picked up and placed on someone's lap. It didn't take me long to realize it was Amai Mask. "Uh... Amai Mask?" I asked, staring at the TV. 

I could see his reflection through the TV since it was off, and saw his chin resting on my head as his eyes were closed with his arms wrapped around my waist. 

"I'm not going to be like you Mom. You're going to have the freedom you deserve. If you want to go see Saitama and Genos, I'll let you. I'm not going to hold you hostage while you live here." Amai Mask said. "Yeah, right." I mumbled. 

"I'm serious," He insisted. "Sure, there are rules when you're living here, but if you ever feel like I'm being too demanding, just let me know. I'm a very easy person to work with."

"Even when your eyes turn red?" I asked, bluntly. He chuckled at my comment. "I'm not that bad. And how do you know about that?" He asked.

"Akuma told me your eyes turn red when you're angry, and there's gonna be a time when you'll get really angry and you won't allow me to leave the house." I said. 

"Hitomi, I promise I won't turn out like your mother."

"How can I trust you?"

I gasped when Amai Mask unexpectedly turned me around so I was facing him. What made me blushed from embarrassment was that I was straddling him and my hands were on his shoulders.

"I adopted you so I could protect you. I would never harm you in any way," He said, staring into my eyes. I stared at him with a blank face. Is this guy trying to seduce me or something? "Come on, let's go to the park."

"Huh? Oh... Yeah, okay." I agreed. We left the house and started walking to the park. I was a little slow because my legs were still sore. Amai Mask noticed this and picked me up, then put me on his back. "Put your arms around my neck." He said. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Trust me." He replied, turning his head to look at me with a closed-eye smile. I hesitated before wrapping my arms around my neck. He started walking again and I turned my head, watching a mother and daughter eat ice cream together.